v4.0.0.22 - stable

This forum will contain general news and announcements made by radio42.
djbony
Re: v4.0.0.22 - stable

Post by djbony »

radio42 wrote:You specify the .exe in the general settings. I then just add the file as the parameter/argument.
I know. In general settings I was specified path to Sound Forge. But this was made an error... Couldn't open the file... Sound Forge want full path to the file... Could you test it?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then Sound Forge might not support 'simple' command-line argument.
I do pass the fully qualified path to the audio file as a simple argument to the given .exe.
If the exe doesn't support this way, but needs any other arguments, it might simply not work with it.
I can not control and handle all specialties of all possible wave editors.
djbony

Post by djbony »

radio42 wrote:Then Sound Forge might not support 'simple' command-line argument.
I do pass the fully qualified path to the audio file as a simple argument to the given .exe.
If the exe doesn't support this way, but needs any other arguments, it might simply not work with it.
I can not control and handle all specialties of all possible wave editors.
I understand... But, If I put to command line this (for example): "c:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Sound Forge Pro 11.0\Forge110.exe" "d:\DCDownload\old\Stereo Total - J'aime l'amour ŕ trois.mp3" Sound Forge normally open the file. :(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then it should also work with ProppFrexx - I am calling/starting it the exact same way.
But please make a test with a file without any special characters - maybe SoundForge can not handle Unicode correctly.
E.g. create a file "Test.mp3" and see if that works...
gerrit

Post by gerrit »

Hi Bernd,

I installed the beta 4.0.0.25 and put my weather jingles 1.mp3 - 30.mp3 in the map c:\weather
Now I don't understand how ${weathercurrenttemperature} command can play for example 15.mp3 (weather api: 15 degree, jingle text: it is now 15 degree). I can't find a load now track name command with string command ${weathercurrenttemperature}. Sorry I'm not that good at macro's :roll:
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

E.g. within a script you can use a script-line which might look like this:

LoadTrack, C:\weather\${weathercurrenttemperature}.mp3, Count=1, Options=SuppressAddHistory, SuppressHistoryCheck
djbony

Post by djbony »

radio42 wrote:Then it should also work with ProppFrexx - I am calling/starting it the exact same way.
But please make a test with a file without any special characters - maybe SoundForge can not handle Unicode correctly.
E.g. create a file "Test.mp3" and see if that works...
Hi Bern, "Test.mp3" works... What to do?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then it appears that SoundForge can not handle Unicode arguments correctly.
I am not sure if I can do anything about it?
You might consult the SoundForge support if they have a solution when passing file names in Unicode?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

To give you a bit more info (when contacting SoundForge):
All Programs (incl. SoundForge) do always receive their command lines in UTF-16 (unicode). This is the same encoding as used by ProppFexx internally.

Some (outdated) C or C++ programs might now use the 'narrow' (system code page) entry points, eg main(int argc, char** argv), rather than the 'wide' (UTF-16) entry points, wmain(int argc, wchar_t** argv).
As such they incorrectly convert the original unicode command line to the system codepage command line - and as a result certain characters can not be converted correctly! Which finally results in an invalid file name and path.

So the simple request to SoundForge would be: Please use the 'wide' (UTF-16) entry points, wmain(int argc, wchar_t** argv) in order to support standard Unicode command line arguments.