v4.0.1.29 - stable

This forum will contain general news and announcements made by radio42.
radio42
Site Admin
v4.0.1.29 - stable

Post by radio42 »

Version 4.0.1.29 is out!

What's New?
  • New Remote Voice Tracking options (BufferSize and PreCompress)
  • New Mix-In Mixing per Media Type option
  • New PreScheduleTracksTilEndTime Scheduler Program entry option added
  • New ResolveAllOverlaysAsEmbeddedContainers Scheduler Program entry option added
  • MODStream Player AlwaysPlayIntroOutro option added
  • OnUserLogin will now be triggered if the same user logs in again
  • SegueEditor now stays on top when updated
  • New SET_USER_COMMAND_IMAGE command added
  • Combined parallel Overlays now also combine it's control-commands
  • MODStream SongTitle updated at the end of an Overlay again
  • Reload 'Auto Playlist Path' media lib's bug-fixes
  • UserChange is now immediate even in case of a starting Scheduler Program
  • The PreviewLine in the playlist now also shows EventEntries and SpecialElements
  • Better Drag and Drop for the Standby-Player's mini playlist (Stack)
  • Mixer Channel ON state is now restored after a restart
  • Various smaller optimizations
  • Other smaller bug-fixes
  • stable

New Remote Voice Tracking options (BufferSize and PreCompress)
New Remote Voice Tracking options (see the new button in the general settings, in the Encoding section) have been added.
It includes a new 'BufferSize' option (default is now 16KB instead of 4KB) and a new 'PreCompress' option to speed up client downloads.

Pre-Compress All Files:
If checked, all server sided playlist files will be compressed (according to the compression profule) immediately once an initial remote voice tracking session has been started.
This might save same time later in case you selected the 'Playlist Only' mode, as else the files get compressed at download time on-the-fly.

Buffer Size:
The size of the download resp. upload buffer in kilo byte (when copying files from or to the server).
Note, that this is a client setting!

New Mix-In Mixing per Media Type option
The 'Mixing per Media Type...' option got a new Mix-In option:
Which defines the behavior where and how a track should be started with the NEXT cue-point of the previous track.

Cue-In (default): The cue-in position defines the start of the track and this is also the position to use with the Next cue-point of the previous track.

Cue-In, but start from beginning*: The current cue-in position is used as the MixIn point but the track is started from its very beginning (the cue-in is effectively removed). This track is started early, so that the Next cue-point of the previous track is aligned to it.

Full-Level: The full-level position is used as the MixIn point. This track is started early, so that the Next cue-point of the previous track is aligned to it. The fade-in still takes place.

Full-Level, but don't fade in*: Like Full-Level, but no fade-in takes place (the full-level is effectively removed).

Ramp 1: The ramp 1 position is used as the MixIn point. This track is started early, so that the Next cue-point of the previous track is aligned to it.

Ramp 2: The ramp 2 position is used as the MixIn point. This track is started early, so that the Next cue-point of the previous track is aligned to it.

Note, that the MixIn option is carried out before any Segue Limits and only in case the previous track has a Next cue-point set!

*these modes cannot be used subsequently and are destructive, as they remove an existing cue-poin! So use them with care and only for automatic playback, as you might not re-edit them once the cue-points have been removed!

New PreScheduleTracksTilEndTime and ResolveAllOverlaysAsEmbeddedContainers Scheduler Program entry option added
PreScheduleTracksTilEndTime: Tracks are pre-added to the newly created playlist until the End Time of the program is reached.
ResolveAllOverlaysAsEmbeddedContainers: Also resolve all overlays in that program time range as embedded containers (requires the PreScheduleTracksTilEndTime option to be set).

MODStream Player AlwaysPlayIntroOutro option added
To force the playback of the given Intro and Outro even in case of a temporary network disconnect or switch to the given secondary URL.

The PreviewLine in the playlist now also shows EventEntries and SpecialElements
In case you enabled the 'Show Preview Line' option in the 'Playlist Settings' of the general settings, it will now (beside the 'Show Next' elements) also contain the number of the track's event entries (which are typically TrackInserts) as well the Special Element settings - if set.
dokos
Re: v4.0.1.29 - stable

Post by dokos »

Hello Bernd,

I want to ask. I did update to version 4.0.1.33 and programmed advertising program broadcasts as it may, for example, spot is set at 14:50 and ranked him about 13:20 or another spot is included on 14:35 and the program will incorporate about 13: 5th Already two days to observe. Is there a problem.

Marián
dokos

Post by dokos »

Hello Bernd,

the possible problems: transition from Win7 to Win10 system?
dokos

Post by dokos »

Hello Bernd,

I've already sent it to proppfrexx@radio42.com

Marian
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I do not understand what you are saying?
Do ou say you scheduled an overlay at 14:50 but it was started at 13:20 ?
If yes, I have never heard about something like this.

What are your overlay setting? Did you maybe set the Show in advance time to something terribly high?
Else that that there must be something else going wrong.
Please send me your Overlay .log file to take a look at!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As already written to you via eMail: I have analyzed your log files, but I could NOT find any entry which was started 1:30 hours before its actual StartTime.
I.e. the entries which have been scheduled at 14:50h have all been started and processed correctly at 14:46 and the beeing played on time.

So can you please indicate what the exact problem/issue is, as I can not observe anything wrong.

The only 'warnings' I found in the log files have been these:
4. 6. 2016 14:39:00: WARNING: Overlay 'Kultura@2016-06-04T14:40:00' not processed (no tracks found with 'AdvertSlot : Kultura').

Which indicate, that these advert overlay's simply did not get any campaigns assigned.