v3.0.11.19 - stable

This forum will contain general news and announcements made by radio42.
radio42
Site Admin
v3.0.11.19 - stable

Post by radio42 »

Version 3.0.11.19 is out!

What's New?
  • Audio Engine crash bug-fix
  • AAC/MP4 TAG reading bug-fix
  • Playlist bug-fix when maually adding tracks
  • Placeholder bug-fix
  • Help Button intergation
  • Library rescan cancel option added
  • OnScheduledPlaylistOpened/Closed events added
  • Mixer panel resize bug-fix
  • Event Editor bug-fix
  • Various other optimizations
  • Other smaller bug-fixes
  • stable

Audio Engine crash bug-fix
This bug-fix release should hopefully resolve the random crash scenario which might have occured with the previous release (v.13-.15).
At least I couldn't reproduce the issue anymore over the last 24h in a stress test on two different test machines.
In addition the v.18 includes a bug-fix which might lead to a crash with certain iTunes .m4a audio files when reading TAG data.

It is also recommended to install the latest .Net Framework 4.5 - which includes several optimizations, which might be leveraged by ProppFrexx.
You can download the .Net Framework 4.5 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Help Button intergation
Most dialogs now contain a '?' help button in the upper right corner, which generated a dynamic help page dialog (containing all tooltips of all controls on that dialog).
The help page dialog itself also contains a '?' button, which allows you to print the help page.

Library rescan cancel option added
The media/cardwall library management dialogs now allows you to cancel a currently running rescan operation.
Just right-click on a library and select the 'Cancel current Rescan' menu.
When ProppFrexx is terminated (close/exit) any currently running rescan operation is now also cancelled to allow a faster shutdown!

Several other smaller reported bugs have also been fixed.

Lookahead Cache
The new lookahead read cache can now savely be (re)enabled!
When working with slower I/O devices (like USB harddisks) a new look ahead read cache has been introduced to minimize the chance of a stuttering audio output.
However, bear in mind, that in parallel, multi audio processing mostly the speed of your I/O devices is the bottleneck and not your CPU, as your I/O subsystem must be able to deliver the audio file data fast enough...
dokos
Re: v3.0.11.16 - stable

Post by dokos »

Hi Bernd, 

It works great.

Thanks for the update.

Marian
radio42
Site Admin
Re: v3.0.11.17 - stable

Post by radio42 »

Note: the v3.0.11.17 was basically added because there was a bug, which caused 2 playlist entries being added to the playlist, if a track was maually added (eg. via Drag&Drop) to an existing playlist entry already loaded to a DJ Player.
horacio muñoz
Re: v3.0.11.17 - stable

Post by horacio muñoz »

good morning Mr Bernd. do not know how long for to get youtube video manuals on using program scheduler, commercial batches, etc .... I hope feasible future ... there are explanations in text, but I have not really understood very well, and how to use it .... Nose moment is that video would be the solution to many questions ... no doubt this is a totally professional soft, congratulations THANKS
radio42
Site Admin
Re: v3.0.11.19 - stable

Post by radio42 »

Sorry for the massive version updates - but a user just reported another critical bug, which was fixed in v3.0.11.19.
Guess that's Murphy and is leaving now ;-)