v3.0.11.33 - stable

This forum will contain general news and announcements made by radio42.
PapaBear
Re: v3.0.11.33 - stable

Post by PapaBear »

I'm starting to think it must be some sort of setting because this is the situation right now...

1. PF is running, everything works fine, I can open any PFL player and the SND gets deactivated and reactivated again.

2. I pause the DJplayer. The SND is activated on my MON channel. No PFL player is active. So everything OK. Then I exit PF in a normal way.

3. I start PF, the SND starts up deactivated!
I open/close PFL player, nothing changes, I open/close Segue Editor nothing changes, Quick Monitor player, nothing changes.
Now I open/close the Voice Tracking and suddenly the SND works again as usual.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That is puzzling.
Can you please tell me your exact mixer-channel (input and output) setup:
- what mixer-output-channels have you defined
- what mixer-input-channels have you defined
- how is each mixer-channel (input and output) configures (settings of each channel)

Have you maybe defined any kind of 'cyclic' references, e.g. a mixer uses the Route-/Copy-To feature and/or the SND2 feature to another mixer which itself is also routed back to the same mixer...these cyclic references might also be hopping multiple channels, e.g. MixerA which routes to MixerB which routes to MixerC which routes to MixerA?
PapaBear

Post by PapaBear »

Hi, my setup is as follows:

Routing settings: Everything goes to PLAY mixer, except PFL player and Quick Monitor go to PFL mixer

Main Mixer settings: All mixers have default Lock On Lock, 32-bit, Mute/Unmute Output (or Input)
1.PLAY mixer = Virtual Sub-Bus, Output to OUT mixer, Apply Master Volume set
2.OUT mixer = ASIO Device ASIO4All, HD Audio Output 1 + 2, Copy To REC mixer, Mute On Talkover set
3.PFL mixer = ASIO Device ASIO4All, HD Audio 2nd Output 1 + 2, Apply Master Volume set
4.REC mixer = ASIO Device ASIO4All, HD Audio Output 3 + 4 (this mixer is always muted, used for streaming),
here SND is set to PFL when NO PFL, Signal Pre-Fading -> starts deactivated as mentioned
5.MIC mixer = ASIO Device ASIO4All, Mic in rear panel, Output to REC mixer, Unmute On Talkover, Mono set

Exact steps on startup are: (SND is not activated) , Open a playlist, no player is playing yet, I choose a random track and open/close the Segue Editor, SND on REC stays deactivated, same story for other PFL players until I do Voice Tracking then the SND comes alive.
Now SND works with all PFL players.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please check the new v3.0.11.34 - it should hopefully fix your issue.
PapaBear

Post by PapaBear »

Hi,

I took a quick look and it seems to be fixed in .35
Noticably difference is that when opening the segue ditor, the SND doesn't get deactivated immediately, only when I start playing in the segue editor.
When opening other PFL players SND gets deactivated immediately.

But yes, seems to be alright.
Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, that is now by design, as the Segue Editor might stay open all the time and as such I decided, that it makes only sense to apply the AutoSND2 @ No-PFL feature once the Segue-Editor is effectively in playback mode.
While for the other windows (like PFL-Player, VT etc.) you typically want to have SND2 applied immediately.
PapaBear

Post by PapaBear »

I understand your reasoning but personally the way I'm working with the Segue editor is playing/pausing the transition, adjusting the cue points and repeating this a couple of times in rapid succession.
Now it's awkward to constantly hear the DJ player stream in between this.
But that's just a personal thing.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll see, if an additional option for that can be added.