Mixer and cartwall 2 gone.

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
mark62

Mixer and cartwall 2 gone.

Post by mark62 » 11 Nov 2017 12:35

Hello,

When I go to the "view" menu 2 buttons don't work anymore. The mixer and cardwall2 don't show up anymore. Probably something simple (I hope) but I can' t find it.

Greetings Mark

radio42
Site Admin

Re: Mixer and cartwall 2 gone.

Post by radio42 » 11 Nov 2017 12:48

Please make sure you are on the latest version.
Then close PF and delete the file "ProppFrexx ONAIR.layout", which is contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData data folder and then restart PF.
However, I guess this is not a bug, but more because you .layout file somehow got corrupted.

mark62

Post by mark62 » 11 Nov 2017 13:08

Thx Bernd.

Problem solved!

Greetings Mark

Bumperke

Post by Bumperke » 16 Nov 2017 07:40

mark62 wrote:
11 Nov 2017 13:08
Thx Bernd.

Problem solved!

Greetings Mark
Bernd, this happens a lot. If I may?
Why not run a simple tool (PFRelated) that recovers simple bugs like this.
Eg, you do experience a bad layout in PF. The menu gives you the possibility to run the recovertool and runs automatically, deletes the layout and reboots!
Or is this more than that?
Will

radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 » 16 Nov 2017 08:25

This 'bug' (if you will - it was actually in many cases a hard disk issue and in a few others it was indeed a bug in the UI lib, that I am using; and in other cases the users simply don't now how to rearrange a broken layout manually once they messed the windows) - however, the real 'bug' was already fixed for quite some time, but there are still many users on a very old version - thus, they either update or they need a solution.
Plus there is also already a tool available (see the 'Workplace' ribbon item in the 'View' ribbon tab), which lets you save a default layout once all is arranged, so that you can simply restore it at any time, if the layout for whatever reason got broken or was just accidentally messed.
But many people simple don't use this (like many users never make backups ;-)
In addition in the general settings, section 'Look & Feel' there is also a 'Reset Layout' button available; which does exactly do what you describe. Thus, I already added 3 solutions to the problem - but this still doesn't help, if people are on an older version.

Bumperke

Post by Bumperke » 16 Nov 2017 10:48

radio42 wrote:
16 Nov 2017 08:25
This 'bug' (if you will - it was actually in many cases a hard disk issue and in a few others it was indeed a bug in the UI lib, that I am using; and in other cases the users simply don't now how to rearrange a broken layout manually once they messed the windows) - however, the real 'bug' was already fixed for quite some time, but there are still many users on a very old version - thus, they either update or they need a solution.
Plus there is also already a tool available (see the 'Workplace' ribbon item in the 'View' ribbon tab), which lets you save a default layout once all is arranged, so that you can simply restore it at any time, if the layout for whatever reason got broken or was just accidentally messed.
But many people simple don't use this (like many users never make backups ;-)
In addition in the general settings, section 'Look & Feel' there is also a 'Reset Layout' button available; which does exactly do what you describe. Thus, I already added 3 solutions to the problem - but this still doesn't help, if people are on an older version.
Oké, those are a lot of possibilitys. I guest we just don’t read enough :D
Will