FTEs versus manual adding of tracks

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Farbo
FTEs versus manual adding of tracks

Post by Farbo »

When sheduler is running, FTEs are scheduled correctly unless I add tracks manually FTEs, then they are not scheduled anymore. I thought when scheduler is running FTEs are there to be played at fixed times (either fied or soft). Why is that?

Sometimes I need to manually add many tracks (when for example listeners want some concrete songs) but I also need to play-out my jingles (which are defined as FTEs in Scheduler). I think this is a bug.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: FTEs versus manual adding of tracks

Post by radio42 »

Can you please explain in detail what you are doing?
Note, that FTEs are to be used in Automation mode only, meaning they are added to a certain playlist position automatically.
So when you change that position manually by adding tracks above, you manually interfere and as such change things.
So that is not a bug. Else use Overlays instead.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I have automatically generated playlist, autoplay is ON, scheduler is ON co FTEs are being added to the playlist. But in the meantime I add manual tracks to the playlist, sometimes 5-10 songs. Afterwards FTEs are not added to the playlist anymore until new program is started. FTEs should be added independently of wether tracks are added automatically or manually. Or?

Does this happen because manually added tracks caused PF does not see freee time slot to add FTEs there until they are played out and playlist look ahead is set only to 10? Is there some interaction betweeen FTEs and playlist look ahead feature?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No. What you describe is by design.
When you 'overrule' a scheduled playlist by e.g. manually adding tracks - the system thinks, that you are doing this on purpose.
As such there are no new tracks scheduled to the playlist until the modified playlist again 'runs out of tracks' and needs new tracks to be scheduled.

The same would happen, if you for example delete an already scheduled FTE from the playlist.
The system wouldn't schedule that FTE again.

So: Changing things manually, changes things manually ;-)

That's even the reason, why the 'Overlays' are played independent from the playlist!
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

OK, thank you. :-( At least if FTEs could be programmed thus manual playlist is created. Just in case when scheduler and its script is running. Hm?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What exactly do you mean? - I am not sure what you mean.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

That FTEs could be handled independently if a user manually adds tracks. I know I could use overlay player for this but anyway it would be good. I understand FTEs as something which is fixed (even when soft method is chosen) and they should be generated even when I add 10-20 tracks manually to current playlist.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, as explained, that is not the case for FTEs.
So the current behaviour is by design.
The scheduler schedules tracks as defined (also FTEs).
If you manually 'override' and change that order or add additional tracks the exact playout of FTEs can not be guaranteed anymore.
As explained, if you want the playout to be guaranteed at an exact time, you should use Overlays - thats even one of the main reasons why there are Overlays.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

That is OK, but then I would not see in normal playlist when overlay is going to be played.

Bernd, if I add let´s say 20 tracks manually will PF "generate" FTEs after manually added tracks are played out? Do I understand it correctly?
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

OK, understood, it is logical. You are right, if I add manually music tracks it is logical I also have to add for example FTEs manually as I remade the playlist. Thank you for confirming my assumption regarding look ahead feature.
Peter