Installer "vs" proppfrexx time.exe

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Adger
Installer "vs" proppfrexx time.exe

Post by Adger »

Running the updater of the most recent version (3.0.11.0) while running "proppfrexx time.exe" ("pfoatime") the installer halts and offers "retry", "ignore", and "cancel".

I quit pfoatime and choose "retry" and waited for a decent amount of time (about 5 minutes) but nothing happened. Tried "retry" again, no awail. Resolved to "ignore" with the same result. I finally choose "cancel", which aborted the install.

After this PFOA refused to start alltogether. Made sure pfoatime wasn't running and manually extracted the zip and overwrote the installation directory. After that PFOA started as expected, but had messed up settings for the routing (sound I/O ports) but that was a very minor issue.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Installer "vs" proppfrexx time.exe

Post by radio42 »

That's really strange, I just tested that here again and the 'Retry' works as expected (after I closed 'ProppFrexx ONAIR Time.exe').

What version of the 'ProppFrexx Updater.exe' are you having on your system?
Make a right-click on the 'ProppFrexx Updater.exe' in your ProppFrexx installation folder and select 'Properties' and go to the 'Details' tab.
it should report verison 3.0.2.0 for the 'ProppFrexx Updater.exe'.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll double check this!
Adger

Post by Adger »

Right now its version 3.0.2.0, but that's after overwriting the installation directory. I can't tell wether or not this version was installed during the last overwrite. I will keep an eye on this.
Adger

Post by Adger »

Tried this with the latest .1 update. Had pfoatime intentionally running while updating. Updater stalled, retry-ignore-cancel. Quit pfoatime, clicked retry. Installer froze with "unpacking...". Forced it to quit after 15 minutes and maually extracted the zip-content into install-dir. Guess installation now contains a lot of obsolete garbage...
Adger

Post by Adger »

...oh, and since that last update windows is complaining that "ProppFrexx Time.exe is no valid Win32 application" and therefore pfoatime would not launch (which I guess is fair: if I was an operating system I would refuse to launch software of zero bytes length, too.)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I have provided a modified version of the Updater.
Please download the following file: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/downl ... pdater.zip
Then unzip this file to your ProppFrexx installation folder.
Do this before you perform the next "Check for Update...".

The modified version will now contain an extra step (prior to the actual unzipping of the update file) which validates any open application using any of the target folders files, giving you a warning in an extra dialog to close such applications.
This should hopefully resolve your issue.
Adger

Post by Adger »

I installed that updater some time ago (before the 11.2 update, I guess) and this time when updating to 11.3 I left pfoatime running intentionally. The dialog you mentioned never showed up and the installer once again failed.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I guess I found the issue...
Please redownload the above link: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/downl ... pdater.zip
Then unzip this file to your ProppFrexx installation folder.
Do this before you perform the next "Check for Update...".
A new v3.0.11.4 is already available.
Adger

Post by Adger »

Works! Perfect. Thank you very much for resolving this!