PFL-Player active Playlist

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Adger
PFL-Player active Playlist

Post by Adger »

For some reason since the last update the PFL-player refuses to play tracks from a running playlist... on my side no setting changed... help, please?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: PFL-Player active Playlist

Post by radio42 »

I can not reproduce this issue here.
What do you mean by 'running playlist' - is this a playlist where AutoPlay in ON?
I just tested that here with an AutoPlay playlist, with a scheduler running playlist - all worked just fine and PFL was working.

Please also double check your soundcards, since I just recently heard from a user, where the last Windows 7 Update installed some new soundcard drivers and thus joggled all his soundcard devices...so maybe something similar happed to you as well?
Adger

Post by Adger »

Yes I am refering to playlist currently playing to a server, autoplay on.

Odd thing is that it worked till the update I applied this afternoon...

I'll investigate this further after this show, probably tomorrow.
Adger

Post by Adger »

I can not pinpoint the culprit with 100% certainty but Bernd's hint to the sound-routing was golden.

By checking all the settings within PFOA I couldn't locaten anything unusual. The even testtones were sent to the correct channels and devices. But still PFL did not play in playlist. I rescanned everything, which did not change anything, nor did it solve problems. That was why I resolved to manually "resetting" the devices in PFOA. To acchieve this I switched every mixing channel once from wasapi to wdm and back, hitting "ok" every time. After that I started to manually switch all mixerchannels away from their set device and back again. Here I noticed something odd: Although I assigned certain channels to devices, PFOA somehow re-assigned them. After going jolly go around for quite a few assign-reassigns, PFOA finally had everything set as I desired, alas PFL would still not play. A restart of PFOA solved this eventually.

So if anybody gets hit by this very problem: PFOA would open the PFL, display the soundpattern and claim "I'm playing" but you won't see the red line advancing nor hear anything: Go to Settings -> Input/Output and do as I did. It takes roughly 3 or 5 minutes to reassign everything - provided you know what you are doing. After that you should be fine and everything should work again.

Again: Thank you Bernd for pointing me in the right direction.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Maybe therefore would be good to be able to lock somehow assignement of sound device to channels in order not to change them by windows itself, etc.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

It is working fine on my machine, fortunatelly.
Peter
Adger

Post by Adger »

A simple restart of ProppFrexx resp. a reboot of the machine (depending on the driver installation) might have already resolved the issue.
Nope. I have tried this and it did not solve the problem.
Adger

Post by Adger »

same for me: my internal Realtek (where I am routing PFL to) was affected.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Hm, I will have to try it at home where I also have realtek soundcard. Hopefully it will work.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry to say, but in this case we should blame RealTek for its driver/installation policy.
But the truth is: RealTek focuses on the pure consumer market, so they have basically have applications in mind, which typically use the 'Default Sound Device' but doesn't work with multiple devices simultaniously - like iTunes, Winamp, Windows Media Player etc.