POA deleting all mp3s in Media Library Folder on Exit V3.0.15.21

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Gary Mac
POA deleting all mp3s in Media Library Folder on Exit V3.0.15.21

Post by Gary Mac »

Operation System Windows 7

I have just re-installed POA V3.0.15.21 to a new PC build running Windows 7 service pack 2.

When I quite out of POA, it is deleting all the mp3 collections I had stored in the windows default Libraries/Music.

If there is an MP3 track that has been used in a playlist, it seems to keep those tracks. Initially 25gig of music got deleted.

I did test it to see if it was POA that was causing the anomaly by copying some mp3s back in, and physically watching the folder as I quit out of POA, sure enough the mp3s got deleted again.

I am working on a fresh installation with no configuration changes yet.

Does anybody know what is causing this and how I may solve it please. It just seems to affect that folder: Libraries/Music

Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: POA deleting all mp3s in Media Library Folder on Exit V3.0.15.21

Post by radio42 »

Hi Gary,

you are using the software since 2011... and this functionality has never changed.
There is ONLY exactly one place where ProppFrexx is deleting audio files when it is stopped and this is the recording house keeping function.
See the general settings, section 'Encoding/Recording' and check your 'Rec. Output Path' AND the 'Keep X days' setting.
If you specify a value (other than 0, zero) for the 'Keep X days', then and only then will ProppFrexx delete all audio files in your specified 'Rec. Output Path' older than the specified X days.
To disable this function set the 'Keep X days' value to 0!
I assume (as you moved to a new PC recently) that you specified your 'Rec. Output Path' to the same location as your other regular audio files...
Gary Mac

Post by Gary Mac »

Hi Bernd

I tried your solution and it worked perfectly. I have also set the path to another nominated folder as a safety measure.

It was set at default 14 days and I changed it to 0 value.

Would it be worth setting that to 0 in a default fresh install of POA to avoid loosing mp3s that may be saved in that default windows folder to avoid a previous mp3 collections becoming deleted, or is my thinking on this wrong?

Thank you for all your help, much appreciated.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That should actually be the default. V3 wIll however not be changed anymore and so far no one had issues with it ever.
And in v4 Keep X days is also set to 0 days by default.
Gary Mac

Post by Gary Mac »

Yes I appreciate what you say that no one has had any previous issues, so it must be user error on my part :(

Thank you for all your help!