Overlay window is blank (white)

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
hdradio
Re: Overlay window is blank (white)

Post by hdradio »

I am not doing anything strange. Most of the time PFOA plays unattended.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I do not know what you are doing ;-) ???
As you are again the only one having this issue.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Are you restarting PF in between? Meaning, does this happen all of a sudden after some days or right after a restart?
What does happen before, when this happens?
Does it really happen EVERY day? From your post it looks it happened a week ago?

Please also create a backup of your .layout file and when this happens again, please send me both of these .layout files (the 'good' backup AND the current one), to see, if the issue is really within the .layout file?!

Please also monitor your 'resources' in the Task Manager (especially for the ProppFrexx OnAir process), mainly the 'Handles', 'User-Objects' and 'GDI-Objects' - is may be any of these values constantly increasing over time and giving you an abnormal high number.
E.g. any of these values for one process being greater that 5.000?

Are you maybe using other applications, like a web browser, mail system, other audio apps, anti virus software etc. on this machine?
If yes, which one?
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Yes I am restarting PF in between.
It happens at random times. The last 10 days PFOA plays completely automated, so no user can change something.
Task manager shows that PFOA has 1347 handles, 1156 user objects and 634 gdi objects.
And I am not using any other application on this system.

I send you the last layout files. All of them have problem.
I don't know why, but the last 2 days even if I close PFOA delete the .layout file and restart PFOA, does not solve the problem.
layouts.7z
(6.09 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then it is not an issue of the .layout file but some other mysterious problem on your system and it was just by chance resolved after a restart.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

The crash was probably because of mixer channels miss-configuration.
Other than that, it's a new win10 setup. Currently this is the only problem I have.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I tried your layout files on 3 different PCs.
The overlay player showed normally.
You handles count are also perfectly fine.
So it must be something else locally on your system, as also no other user is having a similar issue. As you also had strange crashes before what did you do/change so that these stopped? And was that the point where this issue started?
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Tonight I tried to move that (blank) floating overlay window:

Code: Select all

17/07/2016 20:31:44 [v4.0.1.47]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error Type: System.NullReferenceException
Error Source: DevExpress.XtraBars.v16.1.DevExpress.XtraBars.Docking.Helpers.DockZone GetDockZoneAtPos(System.Drawing.Point)
********** System Stack Trace **********
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Docking.Helpers.DockingHandlerStateVS2005.GetDockZoneAtPos(Point screenPoint)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Docking.Helpers.DockingHandlerStateVS2005.BaseMouseOver(Point screenPoint)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Docking.Helpers.DockingHandlerStateVS2010.MouseOver(Point point)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Docking.Helpers.DockingHandlerStateVS2010.DoDocking(Point pt)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Docking.DockPanel.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Docking.ZIndexControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
********** End **********
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That looks like an issue in the UI lib I am using.
I'll forward this to the UI lib vendor.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I got a solution from the UI vendor, BUT.., they said, that the Drag&Drop issue is probably ONLY a follow-up issue (a result) of the TreeList not being initialized in the first place (this white area you see). So to really solve the case, they would need to understand why/how this happens. As such I provided them with my source code to take a look at... Unfortunately they can also not reproduce this issue, unfortunately they are as unable as I am to reproduce this white area thing.
You said, that it only happens sometimes and only when you re-start PF? Do you get this issue with ALL your PCs? Or only on one of them?
Are there any other patterns we might need to know.

Maybe you can send me your full ProppFrexx AppUserData folder as a zip to again try to reproduce it here...
...but so far the UI vendor also believes, that it must be a more general system issue related to only this dedicated machine/environment?!