Explorer issue

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
barelds
Explorer issue

Post by barelds »

Hi Bernd,

Suddenly (a few updates ago) I have the problem that PFOA stops when I switch between shortcuts in the explorer window.
In the link you can see what I mean and what PFOA does after switching between the explorer shortcuts.

Greets,

Harm Jan

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkAN4OcIKUSAjuB4pt6g67ElvabeOg
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Explorer issue

Post by radio42 »

Can you please take a look to your Windows Event Messages Center. There should be a system log entry which might tell us more why/what is happening resp. causing the error.
Also take a look, if there is any entry in the PropoFrexx Error.log file.

I just tried to reproduce that here, but was not able to. So I suspect a specific system issue on your machine only. But without further info it will be hard to figure out what is causing the issue.

Does the error only happen when you quickly toggle the shortcuts? Or also when you do the same but wait eg. 10 sec. in between?

Also is the error only happening when switching to a particular folder? Or does it happen with any folder randomly?
barelds

Post by barelds »

It happend al the time, so I've dicided to install Windows and PFOA all new on the machine. I let you know when it works again.

Harm Jan.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It would be better to look into the Windows Event Log and to look into the PF Error.log file to find the root cause of it, as it could also indicate a defect on your hard disk. But without any additional info I cannot really help.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any News?
Did you find anything in the Windows Event Log or in the Error.log?
barelds

Post by barelds »

Hi Bernd,

I've installed windows an PFOA all new (I already formatted the computer yesterday) , but still have the same problem. You say I have to look in the event log or Error.log but I don't know exacly what I have to look for.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The Error.log file is contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder.
The Windows Event Log is contained in the Windows system control panel, eg. see here or do a google:
http://youtu.be/J6vUOyxmU1o

It might contain an Application Error related to ProppFrexx ONAIR.

Please mail me both: the Error.log file and the related entry of the Windows Event Log.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The event log you send me also doesn't really reveal any error from within ProppFrexx.

have you tried to delete the file called "ProppFrexx ONAIR.Explorer.layout" and "ProppFrexx ONAIR.ExplorerTree.layout"?
if not, please close PF, delete these 2 files (they are also contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder, e.g. C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0) and restart PF...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Did deleting the mentioned files help?
barelds

Post by barelds »

No it didn't solve the problem...