Script does not load music library

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Script does not load music library

Post by radio42 »

In the Debug Log I can see for each script-line the following:
6-12-2016 22:56:59: Processing Script-Line 1 (Retries=50): 1 Random : Mix-Ari-60 (Filter=, Options=SuppressHistoryCheck, SuppressAddHistory)
16-12-2016 22:56:59: Script-Line 1 skipped: UseLastTrackOnFinalFail is not set, max history tries reached (Tries=101/50)
16-12-2016 22:56:59: Script-Line 2 skipped: UseLastTrackOnFinalFail is not set, max history tries reached (Tries=57/28)
As both your 2 script-lines are failing and as such are being skipped; this results in not being able to process any of them...as such no track can be scheduled.

Looking at the Debug Log (and seeing, that you have effectively set the 'SuppressHistoryCheck' option, there is logically ONLY one possibility for this to happen.
And this is either because you have set
- some Global Scripting Rule, which matches and thus prevents the tracks from being scheduled
or
- you have set for all your tracks a RuleSet resp. a Restriction, which prevents the tracks from being scheduled

I assume it might be a Global Scripting Rule; but can you please check both options?!

Thanks,
Bernd
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Was an Artist scheduled 2 times within the same hour?
If yes, that might happen, as Random means really random and you disabled all history checks ;-)
As one of your media libs only contains 28 tracks, this is not unlikely.

Note, that the global restriction's hour check is performed on tracks which have already been played.
But when you schedule a new playlist, it contains various unplayed tracks, as such those would not be considered in the restriction check yet.
That's where you typically need a history for ;-)

So instead of using the 'Random' script-line mode, why don't you use the 'LeastTimesPlayed' mode?
That ensures (especially with smaller media libs), that always the least played tracks are randomly picked.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Looking even further at it, I assume it will be your Global Restriction 'Do not play a track (the next time it will be scheduled) again in the same hour plus/minus', which will prevent all these tracks from playing...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So that sound like a totally different issue ?!
At which hour show/what script is that issue related to?? Couldn't be the same I guess as the script above?!
Maybe there you had the 'UseLastTrackOnFinalFail' script option?
Maybe it was a different track, just with the same title?
I don't know... in order to answer this, I again would need all your settings of that script, etc.
XTended

Post by XTended »

By switching off "do not play a track... (1 hour / the 3-hour frame), within global restrictions, the problem is solved.