4.0.2.15 programm crash

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
friso
4.0.2.15 programm crash

Post by friso »

Hello

This week i updated my 4.0.2.12 to .15 version.
Yesterday i was on air and after one song the programm completely freezed. The audio which was playing continued withoud interuption, but everything else wasn't responding anymore.

After killing the process and starting the programm again it happened again, and also in the seccond case the music was going on, but all the interfaces freezed.
Other windows 7 programms are working correctly.

After the second time i copied the backup files which where created after upgrading to .15 back to the original location.
After that the freezes where gone. So i think along the way something was updated in proppfrexx which causes it to crash. Maybe in combination with windows 7 professional x64.

What can this be?

Friso
radio42
Site Admin
Re: 4.0.2.15 programm crash

Post by radio42 »

I don't know what this might be. And so far no other .15 user reported anything like this, nor could I observe something like it on my test systems. So I guess it must be something specific to your environment.

Please take a look to the file "Error.log" in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder if you can find anything reported there.
Else take a look to the Windows Event Log if anything was reported there.
If you find something. Please mail this to me.

Was the behavior happening always with the same audio file playing? Or did you do anything specific when you observed the freeze?
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

I shall look at the logfiles if i can find something there.
The crash didn't happend at the same file. I was using the surge editor, and that worked ok. Going back to the normal view it was going wrong.
But i don't know if that combination did it. I was making live programm at the moment and concentrating on that.
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

I am facing similar issues. The quickest and most reliable way to reproduce it I found was to load a URL stream into a standby player, with the option KeepStreamLoading enabled, and then restart ProppFrexx. It still happens without that option, or with KeepStreamAlive instead, but with a delay.

I am using 4.0.2.16. This did not happen in 4.0.2.8.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry to say. But I can also not reproduce this crash (I tried what you reported above and assigned a URL stream to a Standby Player - but ProppFrexx was not crashing)?!

If it is a real crash, please report the above mentioned log entries:
Either
a) any entry within the file called "Error.log" contained in ProppFrexx AppUserData folder
or
b) an related crash report entry in the Windows Event Log

Are you using any part URL?
And do you may be use any VST DSP in your mixer channel?
If you are using a VST DSP in a mixer channel - please try to reproduce the issue without any VST... maybe the VST is crashing when the application is terminating?
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

It is only happening with livestreams (Icecast etc.). Sorry, I should have mentioned that!

It's a UI freeze, not a crash. No error logged. It is happening on machines with very different setups, tested via the same method of loading a URL stream, setting KeepStreamLoading, and then restarting ProppFrexx.

I'm not using any VSP DSP.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Now I see what you mean. Yes, there was indeed a deadlock within the DJ-Player in that case.
A v4.0.2.17-beta is already available - so please "Check for Beta-Versions..."

Thanks for the detailed explanation and pointing me to this bug!
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

Thanks Bernd! The update seems to have fixed it!
friso

Post by friso »

Bo98A
Thanx for your solution, when i think of it, i also always have run the streaming server to an icecast server. I will try the beta also
Thanx
Vibe Music

Post by Vibe Music »

Hi Guys, have the same issues with the software crashing.