Soundcard does'nt work after update

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
sbourghardt
Soundcard does'nt work after update

Post by sbourghardt »

Hi,
Just updated ProppFrexx this morning to version 4.0.3.33. Now my soundcard does'nt work in ProppFrexx anymore.

My soundcard, Focusrite 18i20 is connected via USB and detected by PF. The setup is like before, ASIO, mono, 44.1khz. But I dont get any sound in the program. I can record my inputs in Adobe Audition and playback any sound on the computer through the soundcard.

But in PF it is scilent, the meters doesnt show any sound coming in, and I cant playback any music or carts through my PFL-channel that outputs through the soundcard.

Have restarted PF, the computer, the soundcard several times. I have changed the USB-ports and reinstalled the drivers for my soundcard but no luck!
sbourghardt
Re: Soundcard does'nt work after update

Post by sbourghardt »

Still nothing..
But when I change the input to WDM and select Scarlet 18i20 I get sound. But not on ASIO.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just found this post back in time...: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1709&p=8326&hilit=Focusrite#p8326

In the end it turned out, that the Focusrite ASIO driver did not support mono channels; using stereo pairs in the end just worked fine.
No idea, if this issue is similar or related?!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

And a you try the stereo mixer channel
Mode? Is it now working?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There have been no changes in ProppFrexx regarding the ASIO drivers! So I believe this is a coincident and the root cause is somewhere different.

Note, that most ASIO drivers are single process drivers, meaning ONLY one application can use them at any given time.
So please close ProppFrexx and any other applications - then reboot your machine and then OMLY start ProppFrexx and see, if the problem persist.
Make sure (via a double click on the related mixer channel name), that the ASIO settings are still okay and correct.
Mabybe you installed another app inbetween, which changed the driver numbers etc.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just tried 3 different ASIO cards here - all working fine!
I also contacted another friendly user where I know he is using ASIO as well - also fine without any issue.
So it must be a local issue on your side.
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of ProppFrexx?

As said, are you sure, that PF is the only one using the driver? Note, that you can also not mix the card with 2 driver modes, e.g. once you used a few channels of your Scarlet with another mode, ASIO can not be used anymore even with the other channels.

As a test you might temp. start ProppFrexx from the 'Previous Version' folder (contained underneath your install directory - the updater will save you previous version here)... and see, if that version works well with your Scarlet?
sbourghardt

Post by sbourghardt »

A fresh installation of Windows fixed it. Still use mono and it works!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

OK. Perfect - thanks for the update.