Media library server crash

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
friso
Media library server crash

Post by friso »

Bernd

After i installed the latest version of proppfrexx often crashes the media library server.
The popup error i get is in dutch "Kan geen nieuwe beveiligingspagina voor de stapel maken."
What can this be?
It looks like an error in windows, because i'm running dutch version of windows.

Friso
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Media library server crash

Post by radio42 »

I have never heard about this error message and it indeed looks like a Windows issue and not like a ProppFrexx issue.
Have you probably just installed a Windows Update?
Have you also updated your Media Library Server with the latest version? Is it running on the same PC or a different one?
What version are you running, the 32bit or 64bit version?

Where and when are you exactly getting this error?
Is a dialog popping up, if yes, please post a screenshot.

Can you also please check, if in the MLS AppUserData folder (e.g. C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx MediaLibraryServer\4.0) a file called "Error.log" is existing.
If yes, please send this to me.
If no, please check your Windows Event message log for any further details.
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

Yes, i installed also latest updates for windows 7 professional x64. Also i run Proppfrexx 64 bit.
The occurence of the popup error is not directly, but after some time. It means sometimes in a couple of hours, and sometimes after a couple of days.

I looked in the directory as discribed, but no error log is there.
Also i have just downloaded the latest version of Proppfrexx again and installed it over the version i installed.
Before that i shutdown the media library server and proppfrexx.

I assume that with the reinstall also the latest media library server is installed?

Friso
friso

Post by friso »

ImageBernd

Again, the server crashed. I have searched for the english translation for this error, and this is what i found.
"A new guard page for the stack cannot be created".
Searching a little bit further i suggests that it could have something to do with .net.
When i look at my windows update history there has been aan update for .net (May, 2017 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB4019112)

Maybe this has something to do with it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx uses the latest v4.6.2 .Net Framework. So that is fine.

I can only repeat myself again. Please look into your Windows Event Log!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, each update or full install also includes all updates of all tools, incl. the Media Library Serrver.

If there is no Error.log file available in the mentioned MLS AppUserData folder, then there was no direct error happening within the MLS itself.
Meaning, it must be an error happening in the Operating System or a system driver. It also sounds, like the popup you are seeing is not even created by the MLS?!
However, as said, there should be some more info in the Windows Event message log - maybe you can find some more info in a related Windows message log?!
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

Yesterday after your latest reply i uninstalled KB4019288 and KB4019112.
So far no crashes in de media library server have been issued.
Both updates are related to .NET framework.

Friso
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe something went wrong with these updates? Quite strange - but glad, that the issue is not related to ProppFrexx.