Your Ident-Number has changed

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Bumperke
Your Ident-Number has changed

Post by Bumperke »

After updating W7 i got this message, a bug?
PFREX05.jpg
Will
Bumperke
Re: Your Ident-Number has changed

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 08 Jun 2017 11:27 No, this is not a bug - of course not.
As explained in the docs and even in the message shown, when you change your hardware, OS or computer name, the Ident-Number will change and you need to request a new license key... all pretty normal.
Normally you are right with this exception. Nothing has changed. I just closed the computer overnight.
Powered this morning including this message. Again, everything is the same (except the date :))
Will
I'll provide the info you asked.
Will
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 08 Jun 2017 11:40 Then you would be the first one in all the last 10 years where this happened without a reason... I assume there also one in your case.
You even said: after Updating W7... so maybe this update changed something secretly.
That is correct :roll:
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just look at the data you send me, but I am sorry to say, your computer name has changed ;-)
It changed from "PF-..." to "PROPPFREXX..." (I left the last digits out for security), but I guess you can agree, that name has changed... and that's why the Ident-Number has changed.
And I even doubt, that a W7 update will change your computer name?!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, this is not a bug - of course not.
As explained in the docs and even in the message shown, when you change your hardware, OS or computer name, the Ident-Number will change and you need to request a new license key... all pretty normal.

Just send me (in a private message or via mail) your old registration data and your new Ident-Number...and I will provide you with a new key.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then you would be the first one in all the last 10 years where this happened without a reason... I assume there also one in your case.
You even said: after Updating W7... so maybe this update changed something secretly.