Slow browsing explorer window

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
ferryvh
Slow browsing explorer window

Post by ferryvh »

Hi bernd,

I'm having some problems with proppfrex versions v4.0.3.43/44/45

Whem i'm scrolling through large folders in the browser window, it looks like the system is about to crash.
Everything seems to hang for a few seconds. The PFL player, the Players and the browsing window stands stil.

After this, the scrolling through the browsing window stutter.

The latest official release v36 works without any problems.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Slow browsing explorer window

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for your video.
Actually I cannot really see anything, which justifies the assumption, that "...the system looks like the system is about to crash."
What happens though, is that when you do extensive scrolling, that the UI freezes shortly (for about 1 or max 2 sec.) while the explorer tree is refreshing.
I can only assume, that this might be due to the new version of the UI lib whch I am using - but as said, I cannot reproduce that here.
However, I tried to adjust a few things according to the new UI lib verison and provided a new v4.0.3.47-beta (use "Check for Beta-Versions..." to update). Maybe it helped already...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That is actually strange as nothing was changed there in the explorer.
What is a large folder?
Have you may be changed your TAG reading settings or the sorting of the explorer window?

And does it become faster after some time, e.g. after all files have been read in?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just tested it here with a folder containing 6.000 tracks and can not reproduce the issue.
Scrolling is as fast as with a folder containing only 100 tracks.

Maybe you can provide a small video which shows your settings and demos the issues...