User account is changed after logout

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Havenstad FM
User account is changed after logout

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

Happy holidays! I hope i'm not spoiling things....

We use user accounts for our users and since we started using PFOA we login by choosing the correct name from the user name dropdown en then type the password in the appropiate field in the logon window. To log off we simply click the padlock icon in the top right corner of the main window which opens the login window again. If you then decide to click the Cancel button to close the login window again you would still be logged in on your own account.

Since probably a few weeks, if the Cancel button is clicked, the account has changed to the first account of the userlist. In our case that happens to be the Administrator account. As you can imagine, this is not quite what we want ;-)

I just noticed that the Cancel button will be inactive after approx. 20 seconds, but if you cancel during that 20 seconds you're not logged in with your own account, but with the first user's account.

So, to reproduce:

1. Enable User accounts.
2. Choose a user account other then the first one.
3. Log in
4. Click on the padlock icon to log out
5. Click on the Cancel button in the login window
6. Now the account has changed to the first account in the userlist.

We are running version v4.0.3.61 at the moment and i am not sure

With kind regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM
radio42
Site Admin
Re: User account is changed after logout

Post by radio42 »

I cannot reproduce this issue here.

Could it be, that you have defined the 'Admin' user (which might be the one appearing first in the list) as your scheduler's "Default User" ?!
And could it be, that the scheduler is currently running, while you are testing things?
If yes, then this is a totally normal and even a desired behavior.

If you press 'Cancel' in the Login dialog and the scheduler is running, then the system will reset the user back to the scheduker's "Default User" as defined in the general settings. This behavior has not even changed since many versions.
See general settings, section 'Scripts/Scheduler' - "Default User"...
e.g. you might want/need to select a different user than 'Admin' as your scheduler's "Default User".
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll take a look later today...
Havenstad FM

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

Oops, You are right (again, ofcourse...) I just did not notice this behavior before.

So, I have to change the default user. What are the 'minimal' rights needed for this default 'scheduler' user? Will 'Allow Run Scheduler' be enough?

Thanks again and enjoy your holiday!

Kind regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Open/Close Playlist should at least also be specified.
But I would need to look this up, as I currently don't have that in mind... but the rights are pretty selfexplanatory.