hook container in playlist

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
moogwill
hook container in playlist

Post by moogwill »

Hi ALL,

Got a strange bug here

When I'm live working with hook containers result is perfect. when I do VT over a hook container everything is fine too except the volume point that can be set on the container (taking down container's volume is an acceptable solution*).

when I record the show for the next day, using hooks containers all of those will go wrong once reopening the playlist (like there's no cue points in the opener, seperator and closer)

*: is there a way to have a volume control over the container from the VT recorder window?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: hook container in playlist

Post by radio42 »

Please provide a sample playlist you saved. With a hook container which seems to be wrong?! If possible only contain one container and indicating what exact is missing. This everything goes wrong is a bit too generic I assume.
I just tested it here and for me all was going as expected. Ie. the hook cue-points have been the same for a saved playlist or if I do it directly from within the playlist.

I also do not really get your point regarding the volume of the container. If you define volume points, e.g. attenuate certain parts of the hook container, of course the resulting container stream will be attenuated. I am not what exactly is your expectation?
Note, that you can access/modify the containers volume (gain) directly from the VT dialog window by clicking on the Level Meter display - this will open up a popup window to adjust the container gain.

Thanks
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Bernd, I think you missunderstood me, the hooks cue points are fine, it's the cue points from the opener, separator and closer that seems to be missing. will save you an example playlist asap
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

here it is, check those placed right before 8, 10 and 12:00. This issue is really strange cause as I said first. when I VT this in the current playlist, all is perfect, It's only happening in pre-generated/recorded situation.
Note that, those containers are not "script generated" I'm manually create those right before recording the VT.
Attachments
20171009_0750.rar
(19.77 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
Last edited by moogwill on 09 Oct 2017 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you send me your 3 opener, separator and closer files, I need to check something with them.
Sorry for bothering you again...
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

will do that in the next 30mn
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

here are the files
Attachments
ULTRA_FX_RAMP_05.rar
(365.72 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
ULTRA_2_FX_181.rar
(287.1 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
RSFX_WIPE_016_F.rar
(215.44 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks!
I looked at your 3 files, but I might still not fully understand the issue.
The 3 files you have send me do not contain any cue-points at all, no real cue-points NOR any hook cue-points set with them.

Maybe I am testing things differently than you do...
I assume, you have uses the 3 files above in the general settings, section 'Mixing/Fading' under the 'Hook Mixing Settings...' button?
Else, please describe the steps to reproduce the issue...
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

You're right I did it exactly this way....
please go to http://www.easymedias.com/hooks/ there's an audio example and a video cap; no audio from PFL in the video but you can clearely listen to the difference in the audio file, and it's clear that the container is 5 seconds longer when I reopen the saved playlist
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Now I got it and could even reproduce it!
It will be fixed in the next version soon...