PFOA freezes

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: PFOA freezes

Post by radio42 »

Any News?
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

last night saw the virus scanner something in the airlite files, wrong but put it in quarantine so everything stopped. This was the nice reason to reinstall win10 etc. (this time without the external sound card (USB).) It seems that I am now off previous problems.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This sounds not really good, but at least it sounds as if the problem was indeed caused by a virus and not ProppFrexx. Thanks for the info.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

unfortunately it was not a virus, d & r has also checked their installation files and I myself (everything is on a nas) but found nothing with various other virus scanners. So it was a false report of windows defender. a clean installation is a bit of work but results are also there and PF is and remains great! :D
sbourghardt

Post by sbourghardt »

I think I have the same, or a simular problem.

Every day after my 06.50 and 07.20 advertising breaks ProppFrexx freezes and I have to restart the program. In the begining it did it randomly, but the last week it has done it the same times every day.

Today i supressed overlays between 06.45-07.30 and PF did not freeze.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You might also try the latest v4.0.4.12-beta to see, if that also solves your issue.
sbourghardt

Post by sbourghardt »

PF still freezes after playing Overlays even if I updated. Is a clean installation on Windows the solution?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am still totally unable to reproduce - thus I guess it must be somewhat related to your special environment. As such...
When it freezes, please report a crash dump (e.g. open the Task-Manager and right-click on the ProppFrexx ONAIR.exe process and select to create a dump file), then zip it and provide that file. In addition enable the 'Debug Logging' in the general settings, section 'More Stuff' and provide the generated Debug .log file (its contained in your global log path).
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Since v4.0.4.10 it did not happen again. Hope it stays so...