History problem finally solved??

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
moogwill
History problem finally solved??

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd,

As you know, as far as I can remember, I've always experienced some history issues.. After a very long time of monitoring, to find what file was impacted by this issue, I think I finally got an explanation to this.
I'm not absolutely sure of what I'm saying here, but It seems the name of the file generates itself the issue when special characters in its syntax.

"é" "à" "ç"..... when those characters are in the filename, then, history won't update. that means if "Least recently played" is selected, this particular tracks are always selected.

For example a file named "olà cuba.mp3" was played all the time, and "last time played" was never updated.
After changing this to "ola cuba.mp3" it seems get back to normal.

Can you please check if this is a real issue?

Thanks,
Thomas.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: History problem finally solved??

Post by radio42 »

Hi Thomas,

I cann't see any issue with special characters, as ProppFrexx is fully unicode internally.
What I do though is to convert all tracknames into upper-case equivalents - so maybe this is somehow causing a conflict with another existing file?
However, to validate what is happening with that file, can you please send me:
a) the file called "ProppFrexx ONAIR.entrystats" (located in your ProppFrexx AppUserData folder, eg. %appdata%\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0)
b) the audio file (with the special chars) in question

Thanks,
Bernd
radio42
Site Admin
Re: History problem finally solved??

Post by radio42 »

Any News?