X-USB driver

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Nautilus
X-USB driver

Post by Nautilus »

Hi,

I'm currently having a problem with the X-USB driver.
I'd like to send signals from dj players to separate stereo channels on my X32 board, but there is a problem.
I set up the ASIO driver, and choose the channel pairs. The sound is crushed, and the playout gets slower too. Even if I use the highest possible buffer size. (4096 samples)
I used my built in card before, and I had no problem with it, just the strong background noise but I need more channels than 2 stereo and of course, the better performance of a professional card. (I mean I want to get rid of the background noise too)

I tried everything I could...
Thanks for your help!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: X-USB driver

Post by radio42 »

Then there must be some issue with you x32 usb Connection somehow.
ProppFrexx works well with almost all audio cards using WDM/Direct Sound, WASAPI or ASIO drivers.
If you experience noise or stuttering this is almost always a driver issue of the sound card or you system.
There is not much ProppFrexx can do about.

Please read this as well:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=915&p=3240
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

Thanks for the help!
But it is still a bit strange for me. I tried mAirlist too. There were no issues. The sound was clear. (But Proppfrexx is more friendly for me, and have functions that mAirlist don't)
This morning, I launched proppfrexx 3 times, and changed the driver to X-USB. Once, I got clear sound, so I left it to play one of my earlier playlist. Just for to test it. After 10 minutes, windows crashed and restarted. (I did nothing...) After that, the sound was as bad as before. :(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As mAirlist uses exactly the same audio engine this would be more than strange! But note that mAirlist might not use ASIO by default.
Or you are simply using a wrong overall mixer setup and have mixed ASIO with another driver model?
Maybe you can post all your mixer settings with all details.
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

I have 5 stereo channels on the internal mixer sent to X-USB’s channels 1 to 10, with 48kHz sample rate and 4096 sample buffer size.
First, I mixed ASIO with direct sound. Now ASIO does everything, but the sound is still bad. But there is something strange: after windows crashed and restarted, I launched Proppfrexx. There was an error with the x-usb driver. I relaunched proppfrexx. It was ok! But just once... And I don’t no what I did different.
Do you need more details of the mixer settings or that is enough?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe you just start with one mixer channel and remove all others and see how that behaves.
Note, that mAirlist doesn’t even have a mixer with 5 stereo channels. mAirlist only uses 2 stereo channels, one for playback and one for PFL.
So just start with the same.

Also it is not clear what you mean by: it sounds bad. Is the sound distorted, crackling or what exactly is the case.
Maybe your USB connection is simply not good.
Have you tried the tools I referred in my first post?
Maybe you system has latency spikes?