Overlay with News breaks off

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
prometheus
Re: Overlay with News breaks off

Post by prometheus »

Thanks, I'll take a closer look and test it.
But we have been playing the overlay manually only since a few weeks. The problem has been around for some time and before that we let the news start automatically and there was also the problem.
I'll do some tests on Monday.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just looked back to the other log and here it looked like the same problem.
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Hi again,
I've been watching this for a long time, but I can not find a problem in the configuration or operation. Or I'm looking in the wrong place.

I have one last idea: the problem occurs when the overlay is set to Soft Start as default and we overwrite it via the LIVE-ASSIST-MODE and start it manually. Can that trigger the problem?

One more question: Did you even implement that in the current update?

"I want to make another check in the next version, so that sending the OVERLAY_DOPLAY command will not act as a toggle.
But in the meantime you might check why you are sending the command twice. "

Sounds more logical to me if DOPLAY only starts the overlay and does not work as toogle.
Last edited by prometheus on 27 Mar 2019 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Hi Bernd,

it is the same problem since my first post a few weeks ago. The Overlay appears, is started by the host by pressing a button on a programmable keyboard, the OVL plays the opener and then only a few seconds of the newsfile because the player ends immediately.

We use the current version of PFOA.
The overlay is created as a soft-start by default. but during a live show we activate live assist mode so all overlays can be started manually.
The problem occurs irregularly. Even if the command OVERLAY_DOPLAY is sent twice by pressing the button on the keyboard a second time, the problem does not always happen.

Here is a new log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl91pl1qq1bpb ... 8.log?dl=1
Today it happened at 8:30.

Who knows, maybe it's just an operator error from the radio host. But then I do not know how.

Thanks for help.