graphic/memory issue???

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
moogwill
graphic/memory issue???

Post by moogwill »

I have to frequentely restart proppfrexx, after a while (a few days) everything is getting slow. it takes a long time to open some windows, especially the mixer that sometimes not showing completely...

all other applications of the computer keeps running as usual, it's a proppfrexx only issue.

any clues??
radio42
Site Admin
Re: graphic/memory issue???

Post by radio42 »

I cannot say, if you have a specific graphics or memory issue with your setup?
Actually you might need to monitor the memory or CPU consumption, e.g. using the Task Manager.

But it is for sure not a general issue, as other users do not report such behavior. And in my long time tests I also no not experience something like this.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any news?

Else, please try the latest v4.0.5.15-Beta (click on 'Check for Beta-Versions...' to update)
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I just install the beta.. will keep you updated about it
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any news? As otherwise I assume it was an OS or any other issue not directly related to ProppFrexx?!
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

as I had to roll back and restrat and reupdate I didn't had enough time to reproduce the issue.. will check in the next days
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

so after a few days runing, the issue is back.

after a fresh start it takes only a few millseconds to open the mixer. after a few days, I cannot display the whole mixer... it takes a long time to display, one track at a time, and it doesn't finish the task, the last channels won't display.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture.PNG
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you show the 'Details' of the 'ProppFrexx ONAIR.exe' application (please show at least the following columns: CPU, private memory, user-objects, threads, GDI objects and handles).
From the screenshot given I cannot see what resources are being used by ProppFrexx, but only the overall CPU usage.

I also see, that you are using 2 DSPs - what are these and have you tried to run PF without them to see, if these are slowing down the system?
Maybe there is also a specific program script running, which slows down the system, because it fails with various history checks and you history settings are the issue?
To check this, you might temporarily enable the Debug-Logging (general settings, section More Stuff) and send the log to me when the issue happens again.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I just did a fresh restart si I'll have to wait for a while.. but I'm not sure the debuug log will help.. the software keeps runing without any problem its only graphic...
the 2 dsps are stereo tools and sonalksis maxlimiter ( a simple limiter on the audio in for VT)
will check for histories conflicts
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The debug log will at least reveal any history conflict issues, if they occur.