issue while VT

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: issue while VT

Post by radio42 »

I don't know an 'Arduino', what GPIO are using with it?
Airence also uses native USB audio device...
...are you still using StereoTool? if yes, disable this - as ST will typically use a lot of CPU!

So what type of CPU do you have (Ghz, nomber of)?
And what is the CPU usage when you disable the GPIO Ext. Service?

However, 13% CPU usage might be totally okay.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

13% is exclusively the GPIO use
Now My cpu use is stable around 23% for proppfrexx when using and as you described a lot less without Stereotools. but 13% for GPIO seems a lot only for arduino that is joystick like, and airence commands.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Why 13% only for GPIO, I do not understand... and still I on't know your system.
But everything incluing StereoTool might easily use 23%!
I have seen systems, where ST alone used 25%.

On a decent quad core CPU with a solid and good IO-sub-system as well as a modern network, ProppFrexx alone (just playing a playlist, no other background task, like rescanning media libs etc.) eill take around 3-5%. But as said, it heavily depends on the system being used and its sub-systems; e.g. a slow or bad IO sub-system will also use some extra CPU. Using multiple monitors will require additional CPU etc. etc.
So there is no value I can/will give you - as this doesn't make sense.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

no matter my system.... look at the picture, Gpio is using far more than the half of the cpu usage of PFOA with Stereotools respectively 16% for 21% isn'it a lot?
Attachments
gpio usage.PNG
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can try to disable your interfaces one by one to determine which of the 2 is consuming the CPU inside the GPIO client. Start with the Gamepad interface and see if the CPU usage drops. Then do the same with the D&R Airence...

You can also try to open the 'Monitor...' of the resp. interface in the detailed tab, so see, if maybe one interface sends incomming messages like crazy...
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I just add a quick remote connection to the computer to check that.. seems to be the airence.. I think maybe it comes from the cartwall buttons configuration that I've never been able to configure exactely as I'd like to be.
will take some time this weekend to clear this.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Okay - else please open a new thread, as this topic won’t fit any GPIO issue. In addition this is not a big issue, but a simple Q&A ;-)
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Hi bernd,

Some news about this recurrent VT issue.. we have the exact same issue when recording RVT from a second studio using another computer, airlite instead of airence, and without setereotools....
now we know that it's not computer or hardware related.
and we also now it happens in local and remote sessions...
a few minutes our morning show guy just recorded the remote situation issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6orJra ... e=youtu.be
note that I also personally experienced that issue last week while RVT my show from home with a Third computer using no D&R usb audio but an ASIO UAD soundcard.
Note that when happening all other process keeps running on those different computers.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you please explain what exact issue you mean, as in this thread there have several be mentioned which sounded unrelated.
Initially you reported, that ProppFrexx is freezing when you open the VT dialog. Unfortunately I can not reproduce that here, nor does any other user experience such issue so far. You also reported, that there is no entry in the Error.log file.
If an application is really freezing, there must be an entry in the Windows Event Log. So can please check!

Than you just reported some high CPU usage in the GPIO client. Looks you never reported any feedback when disabling the individual GPIO interfaces, to figure out what interface is causing the high CPU usage in your case. Do you have any news here?
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Will give you a complete copy of each logs as soon as I'll be in the studios today... We have this issue on very different configutrations. and about GPIO for my particular case, at home, there's no particular CPU usage for gpio with no external hardware for any command. that means we can say GPIO is not related to the issue.
The gpio peak usage is from airence, but there's no airence in the 2 other situations.

Note that a progressive auto save of the playlist .bak would be a great help to be able to continue after issues.
for each issue here, all the work done is lost..