Just had this error while pressing to start a song

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
phonic
Just had this error while pressing to start a song

Post by phonic »

23/11/2019 10:39:51 [v4.1.4.4]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error Type: System.NullReferenceException
Error Source: DevExpress.XtraEditors.v19.1.System.Drawing.Size CalcDescriptionSize(DevExpress.XtraEditors.TokenEditToken)
********** System Stack Trace **********
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.TokenEditViewInfo.CalcDescriptionSize(TokenEditToken token)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.TokenEditViewInfo.CalcItemSizeCore(TokenEditToken token)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.TokenEditViewInfo.CalcItemSize(TokenEditToken token)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.TokenEditViewInfo.CalcRowCountCore(Int32 clientWidth)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.TokenEditViewInfo.CalcRowCount(Int32 clientWidth)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.TokenEditViewInfo.CalcConstants()
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.BaseControlViewInfo.CalcRects()
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.BaseControlViewInfo.CalcViewInfo(Graphics g)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.TokenEditViewInfo.DoUpdateSelectedItems()
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Painter.TreeListPaintHelper.DrawNodeCell(CustomDrawNodeCellEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Painter.TreeListPainter.<>c__DisplayClass85_0.<DrawCellCore>b__0(GraphicsCache cache, AppearanceObject appearance)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Painter.TreeListPainter.DrawCellCore(CellInfo cell, CustomDrawNodeCellEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.CustomDrawEventArgs.DefaultDraw()
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Painter.TreeListPainter.DrawCell(CellInfo cell)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Painter.TreeListPainter.DrawCells(RowInfo ri)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Painter.TreeListPainter.DrawRowCore(RowInfo ri)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.CustomDrawEventArgs.DefaultDraw()
at ProppFrexx.Playlist.oQdM(Object , CustomDrawRowEventArgs )
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.RaiseCustomDrawRow(CustomDrawRowEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Painter.TreeListPainter.DrawRow(TreeListDrawInfo e, RowInfo ri, Boolean isAutoFilterRow)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Painter.TreeListPainter.DrawRows()
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Painter.TreeListPainter.DoDraw(TreeListViewInfo viewInfo, GraphicsCache cache)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.OnPaintCore(GraphicsCache cache, PaintEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.OnDirectXPaint(GraphicsCache cache, PaintEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.Container.EditorContainer.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
********** End **********
Last edited by phonic on 25 Nov 2019 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Just has this error while pressing to start a song

Post by radio42 »

That looks very strange.
Can you reproduce this error, as I can’t.
Does it only happen with a particular track (if yes, please can you send that over to me).
phonic

Post by phonic »

It was not excepted, we are currently live and thankfully it did not close ProppFrexx.
One thing I noticed is that the playlist did not scroll, so had to open new playlist, and seems ok at the moment.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, please try to reproduce the error, if that happens only with a particular track within the playlist.
As I can absolutely not reproduce it here.
I have however opened a ticket with my UI vendor, as the error occurred inside their UI library - maybe they can spot anything.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 23 Nov 2019 12:39 As said, please try to reproduce the error, if that happens only with a particular track within the playlist.
As I can absolutely not reproduce it here.
I have however opened a ticket with my UI vendor, as the error occurred inside their UI library - maybe they can spot anything.
Thanks for opening a ticket.

It was a big panic yesterday when the error appeared on screen in the middle of a live event on DAB around the country. First time in using ProppFrexx in a live show.
I could not check what track was causing the issue as we were live all day doing a road show. The only difference is at the time of the error, we were using the remote app I created to start the song by sending the commands via TCP.

I've checked the track, and works fine as usual. I will run more checks in the week to try and reproduce on the same computer with the app.

Thanks again for your prompt support.