Error Message: EditValue must be of string type

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
phonic

Post by phonic »

I've just had another error. This one is the main play-out system for the network, and as such it's left running 24/7 live until other studios take over. I tried to send via the submit button but not sure if you got it, so I posted it here just in case.

It happened yesterday evening looking at the timestamp on the error, but I just noticed it this evening when I arrived:

24/11/2019 22:53:12 [v4.1.4.4]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Type: System.InvalidOperationException
Error Source: DevExpress.XtraEditors.v19.1.DevExpress.XtraEditors.TokenEditSelectedItemCollection DoGetTokens(DevExpress.XtraEditors.Repository.RepositoryItemTokenEdit, System.Object)
********** System Stack Trace **********
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.TokenEditStringEditValueMapper.DoGetTokens(RepositoryItemTokenEdit properties, Object editValue)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.TokenEditValueMapperBase.GetTokens(RepositoryItemTokenEdit properties, Object editValue)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.Repository.RepositoryItemTokenEdit.DoUpdateSelectedItems(Object editValue)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.TokenEditViewInfo.DoUpdateSelectedItems()
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.ViewInfo.BaseEditViewInfo.set_EditValue(Object value)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.ViewInfo.TreeListViewInfo.UpdateCell(CellInfo cell, TreeListColumn col, TreeListNode node, Boolean recalcViewInfo)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.ViewInfo.TreeListViewInfo.CalcRowCellsInfo(RowInfo rInfo)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.ViewInfo.TreeListViewInfo.CalcRowInfo(RowInfo rInfo, Rectangle bounds)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.ViewInfo.TreeListViewInfo.CalcRowsInfo(Rectangle bounds)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.ViewInfo.TreeListViewInfo.BriefCalcRowsInfo()
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.ViewInfo.TreeListViewInfo.CalcRowsInfoCore()
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.ViewInfo.TreeListViewInfo.CalcRowsInfo()
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.RecreateRowsInfo()
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.UpdateLayout()
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.Utils.DirectXPaint.DirectXProvider.RenderCore(Rectangle clipRect, Boolean setDirtyRect)
at DevExpress.Utils.DirectXPaint.DirectXProvider.Render()
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.RefreshRowsInfo(Boolean recalcRowsInfo, Boolean refreshCellState)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.InternalNodePropertiesChanged(TreeListNode node, NodeChangeTypeEnum changeType)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Nodes.TreeListNode.RaiseNodeChanged(TreeList treeList, NodeChangeTypeEnum changeType)
at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Nodes.TreeListNode.set_StateImageIndex(Int32 value)
at ProppFrexx.DJPlayer.bQRm()
at ProppFrexx.DJPlayer.set_Status(PlayerStatus value)
at ProppFrexx.DJPlayer.<Play>d__374.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
********** End **********
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Error Message: EditValue must be of string type

Post by radio42 »

This the same error reason as you posted before.
I already opened a ticket with the UI lib vendor, as it appears, that this doesn’t seem to be A direct ProppFrexx error, but an issue inside the component library which I am using.
I’ll close this ticket and keep you updated under the previous ticket.
phonic

Post by phonic »

Different PC, different error message, I assumed it was different. You may like to know that this error happened for the first time to on this machine and under completely different circumstances and hardware than the other PC used at the live roadshow on Saturday.

One important question that came to mind when noticing the error is does ProppFrexx have a way to notify via e-mail when an error is displayed?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, currently there is no such feature to notify via email, when an error occurs.