ProppFrexx crashed after update.

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Cabzy
ProppFrexx crashed after update.

Post by Cabzy »

Hi
I have been running ProppFrexx for a couple of months no issues, last night I decided to install the latest PoppFrexx updates, when the software upgrade had completed, I restarted ProppFrexx and my scheduled program started playing through deck a, but the mixer only showed the output had a signal, no signal from deck A was seen on mixer deck A. I checked the routing and all was correct.
I decided to go through the mixer setup wizard, when ProppFrexx displayd an unexpected handling error and froze.
I restarted ProppFrexx but during the loading process ProppFrexx just disappears from the screen.

I uninstalled ProppFrexx and reinstalled a fresh copy, but the same thing is happening.
Does anyone have any advice.

Thank You
Cabzy
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx crashed after update.

Post by radio42 »

When the sound card devices got somehow corrupted, I assume, that you might need to delete the file called "Default.mixer", which is contained on the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder and then restart ProppFrexx.
Cabzy

Post by Cabzy »

Hi
I could not locate a ProppFrexx AppUserData folder, But through using search find Default.Mixer. In fact I located 3 of them, I'm assuming because I had uninstalled and reinstalled ProppFrexx.

I deleted the Default.Mixer files but ProppFrexx still will not reopen and play.

Any more advice.

Thank You
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

How could the same file be present 3 times in one folder? That’s not possible.
However...
Check the Error.log file contained in the same folder.
It your Windows Message log for any hint and errors.

Finally you might delete the entire ProppFrexx AppDataUser folder containing all config files to reset all.
Cabzy

Post by Cabzy »

Can you tell me what other files ProppFrexx is associated with, I can reinstall ProppFrexx if I create a new user. I don't want to create a new user account because I have many other 3rd party apps associated with the current account and I do not want to go through the task of reinstalling them.

If I can fully remove ProppFrexx from the current account I believe this will resolve the issue.

CAN AYONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe this. I simply updated my ProppFrexx with a version sent by ProppFrexx. Now my station has been down all day.

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can look to my previous post. It answers all.
To fully remove all configs from ProppFrexx just remove its entire AppDataUser folder. That’s it.
But I suggest to first look for the errors to find its reason, since it is for sure not the update alone.

So why asking for help, if you already received it?
Cabzy

Post by Cabzy »

OK, let me try that.

I was asking for help as I had not refreshed my browser not realizing you had replied..My apologies :oops:

I was also searching for AppUserData, I now realize that was a typo in your very 1st reply.

This is the 1st issue I've had, I used to use SAM Broadcaster to broadcast, which is a good software but absolutely rate ProppFrexx much higher and more stable.

I will let you know what I find.

Thanks Again
Attachments
image.gif
image.gif (2.92 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
image.png
image.png (810 Bytes) Viewed 5827 times
image.gif
image.gif (2.92 KiB) Viewed 5827 times