Scripts

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Scripts

Post by radio42 »

And you are sure, that your respective MediaLib (on which you defined the 'Rating' Filter) actually contains propper Rating meta data information and there are sufficient tracks in your lib matching your filter?
Which of the above Media-Libs are you using?
Make also sure, that the matching media entries wouldn't conflict with your global song history settings, i.e. if only a few tracks are matching and those are still in your global song history, ProppFrexx would be unable to pick a correct track.

Did you validate the Filter Expression within the Expression Builder by clicking on the 'Test' button?
andre

Post by andre »

And you are sure, that your respective MediaLib (on which you defined the 'Rating' Filter) actually contains propper Rating meta data information and there are sufficient tracks in your lib matching your filter? Yes The filters are ok and wil be displayed in the playlist window.

Which of the above Media-Libs are you using?
I use all of them.
In my script i play all folders 60s, 70s 80s e.c.t.

make also sure, that the matching media entries wouldn't conflict with your global song history settings, i.e. if only a few tracks are matching and those are still in your global song history, ProppFrexx would be unable to pick a correct track.
Ok i will look at that.

Did you validate the Filter Expression within the Expression Builder by clicking on the 'Test' button?
Yes when i click Test the tracks will be seen, but it takes some time.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So beside the error which was once thrown, is the only issue the actual time/performance it takes to execute the script?
andre

Post by andre »

Yes when i generate a script and wait until its loaded ( it takes 15 min ) and don't do any other commands it's working.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please send you me your .pfp script file to take a look at!
And are you sure you have set the "Keep _synced_.pfp Playlist with Folder" option in the general settings (see section 'Playlist/Others', when clicking on the 'More...' button)?!
andre

Post by andre »

Yes i'm sure that i that the "Keep _synced_.pfp Playlist with Folder" option is set :mrgreen:
What are the best settings for globel song history ?
I use Additional Script Libaries, thats a pfs file.
How can i copy this to the forum?
My folder based media libaries are additional media libaries, history is set on 0.
andre

Post by andre »

I send you a email with the script.
Global song history is disabled.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just email or PM me the script.
What are yor settings for the global song history?
These shouldn't be bigher than around half your smallest media yor are using with it.
E.g. if your smallest media lib contains 100 entries, set the global song history to around max. 50.
Script and Media Lib History might be turned off (0).
Andreas Duswald

Post by Andreas Duswald »

I also encounter Problems with the script editor - Adding to that i agrree with all above - Some tracks are not played suddenly.

But if i try to edit a script, and selcect "execute" to load a script, than the dropdown does not open. PF does not list my scripts anymoere, so i cant load any script to execute via the editor. - I use the latest version
Everything is possible ....
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Andreas Duswald wrote:I also encounter Problems with the script editor - Adding to that i agrree with all above - Some tracks are not played suddenly.
There was no such problem described above!
Can you please explain in detail what is not working in your case?

Andreas Duswald wrote:But if i try to edit a script, and selcect "execute" to load a script, than the dropdown does not open. PF does not list my scripts anymoere, so i cant load any script to execute via the editor. - I use the latest version
I can not reproduce that problem here.
When opening the Script-Editor and selecting the 'Exectute' mode - just click into the 'Entry' column to open the Script-Selector...
How are you testing things?