History check

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Farbo
History check

Post by Farbo »

Hi Bernd.

Please, see attached printscreens. I do not understand why I got items 6 and 15 when extended history check is set to relaxed so these two artists should not appear so close in playlist. How can I solve it? Are my settings correct?
Attachments
history check setting.jpg
history check setting.jpg (48.28 KiB) Viewed 11112 times
playlist after history check.jpg
playlist after history check.jpg (117.24 KiB) Viewed 11112 times
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: History check

Post by radio42 »

The complete list is not available, as it is an internal algo which I don't want to offer for public viewing here - however, you can assume the above given list.
The ";" to "/" conversion takes place for MP3 files only, as this is the proposed ID3v2 standard to separate multiple values - however, that is just a display issue.

Mass Changes: You might simply use the Find Window and then drag and drap all tracks over to a new and empty playlist window.
In the playlist window you might mass edit already as well - see the 'Miscellaneous' context-menu item and enable 'Direct TAG Editing'.
Now you can select multiple entries in the playlist and now a change to one column value will apply to all selected entries - disable 'Direct TAG Editing' at the end again.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I rather thought PF check word by word in artist, i.e. when he finds in 1 track word police he will not schedule other track with word police in its artist name.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, a simple word match wouldn't work, e.g. think of "The Police" and "The Who" or "The Beatles"...if pure simple word match would be used, they would all be considered the same ;-)
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Hm, but I still do not understand how does the logic behind crosscheck work then. What does PF compare with what exactly? Just take my case and please explain it to me bit detaily:

1. track is "Sting & The Police"
2. track is "Police"

What if first track is "Sting & Police" and second one "The Police", I suppose it will have the same result. Maybe I am blind but only "the" makes this difference? So for example "Cranberries" is different from "The Cranberries" and PF could play out two tracks from Cranberries if they are not completely equally named?

Thank you.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Exactly - the word "The" makes the difference in the Artist names and as such the Artists are NOT considered the same.
ProppFrexx doesn't 'know' anything about those 'filler' words of course.
As explained, the 'relaxed' check splits the Artist value by certain (standard and fixed) separators (like "feat", "pres", "meets", "vs", "with", "and", "&", ";", "/" etc.) and then compares each splitted value against each other.
As such "Sting & The Police" would match "The Police" but not "Police" ("Sting & The Police" would be splitted into "Sting" and "The Police")
or "Sting; Police" would match "Police" but not "The Police" ("Sting; Police" would be splitted into "Sting" and "Police").

This has nothing to do with the "X-Check Artist" feature.
The "X-Check Artist" feature does the same logical comparision of the Artist value with a list of defined other meta data fields (e.g. AlbumArtist, Composer, Producer etc.).
Example:
If e.g. your AlbumArtist field would contain "Sting; Police" for item 6 and "The Police" for item 15 it would find a match...
Item 6: Artist = "Sting & The Police" (splitted into "Sting", "The Police"); AlbumArtist = "Sting; Police" (splitted into "Sting", "Police")
Item 15: Artist = "Police" (splitted into "Police"); AlbumArtist = "The Police" (splitted into "The Police")
Now each splitted item is x-checked againest each others splitted item...and would match.

Or in short: ProppFrexx splittes the field values (as explained above) and compares them against each other. However, ProppFrexx can of course not eliminate/detect certain 'filler' words like "The", "A", "Mr." etc.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I see, separators. Can I find a complete list of them somewhere? Sorry, of course it has nothing to do with X-Check, my mistake. So another task before me, smoothly adjust and add albumartists in such cases. :-)

But it´s great I can add more albumartists separated by semicolon. But when I did so after reopening TAG editor the album artist looks this way "Sting/Police/The Police" so semicolon is replaced by slash. Is this by design?

Bernd, just an idea if it is possible. What about to have possibility to mass-edit tracks in find window like it is now possible in Metadata editor? You know for example for this case. It is complicated to open every folder (of my folder based libraries) containing perspective tracks that need to be change or updated in Metadata Editor and change its TAG. If I could search for example for sting or police in find window and then select all desired tracks and right click on edit TAGs to edit the selected tracks one by one or even all with one click.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Of course, I forgot the possibility of direct editing! I always wonder how many good and usefull features PF has. Thank you Bernd. One remark, maas editing is possible in empty playlist only if continuos backtiming is turned off.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is not a bug, but by design!

With the 'relaxed' check ProppFrexx tries to find similar Artist based on certain separation patterns, like 'feat.', 'with', 'and' etc.
However, in your case the relaxed check (for item 6 and 15) would compare the following:
Item 5: "sting" and "the police"
Item 15: "police"
...as such there is no match, as neither "sting" nor "the police" would match "police" - ProppFrexx would therefore still think that "The Police" is different than "Police" and consider them as two different Artists.

You might need to use the "X-Check Artist" feature (which you are already doing) - but that also means, that within one of those fields you much specify the same matching keyword, e.g. "Police".
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

There is limit. If I edit for example albumartist after 2 seconds (refresh of continuous backtiming) the field is again in its former state, so I have to edit from beginning, and so on, so on...
Peter