A couple bugs I have found.. (Streams, Playlists)

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
RedPanda
A couple bugs I have found.. (Streams, Playlists)

Post by RedPanda »

Hello, firstly, you make a great program! I'm still learning it, as it's a bit hard to grasp everything.

I've found a couple of bugs I'd like to report.

1 BUG: Adding streams to the playlist is difficult. The time is always wrong and the format is hard to use. Currently the bug is that in the timer 00:00:00 the first 00 is ALWAYS resetting to 01:00:00 so you can never set the time for 5 minutes. This didn't use to happen. Actually I'd like to see an easier setting for times here. It's too vague now. You should be able to tell it to play for 5 minutes regardless of AM/PM. (This is how I use it: I right click the playlist and 'add' URL Address. That way the stream connects after a song and plays the bit or whatever for the time I want, which is usually a few minutes or so, then plays the next track.) I just find the current way of setting the time to never work correct. A more clear way of setting time would be great! However the bug is there regardless.

2 BUG: When opening the location of saved playlists, the window always opens to a default location (Incorrect location). It doesn't remember the last saved folder where I save playlist files. This is really bothersome as i have to go searching through the hard drive again. Why doesn't it just remember where you saved the files? This should be a basic feature of operation.

Thanks for your time. I'm just trying to help make this software the best on earth! :D
Females use radio software too!
RedPanda
Re: A couple bugs I have found.. (Streams, Playlists)

Post by RedPanda »

Sorry for not describing well. I'm not so good at technical things like this.

I am using v11.43 which I downloaded recently from your site.

For BUG 1: It's any URL. Whatever one I can add. I've tried many. It adds, and will load and play, but the time is always wrong. I try to set it for 5 minutes each time, but the time set box ALWAYS puts a no. 1 like this: 01:05:00. I try to change the 01 to 00 but it automatically pops back to 01 so I can never set it right. It just keeps playing in the player for 1 hour or so. The other thing, depending whether it's set to AM or PM sometimes the player will play it for 20 hours or some crazy time. (This is why I don't like the time set box, it's too simple and does not allow for a clear setting of what exactly should occur when the playlist reaches this entry.) As I was trying again while writing this post, when I try to change the hours to 00, I see the default is 12:00:00 so I go to change it like this 00:05:00 but as soon as I hit the button to change the 12 to 00 it automatically changes to a 1 like 01:05:00. I can keep changing the 01 to 00 but AS SOON as I change it, it switches back. I hope this is better to understand.

For BUG 2: When I go to the folder icon in the ribbon, and click it to open it always defaults to the Documents folder (Windows 7). Never to where I keep my saved playlists. In testing again. I made one and saved it, then closed the playlist and tried to open it again. This time it opened to the same directory where I saved it. HOWEVER, if I CLOSE ONAIR, and then try to open a playlist again after restarting the program, it will go to that wrong default folder, and then I have to FIND my folder again where I keep the playlists. And no matter what, If I open MORE playlists, it opens the default folder again, each time which IS NOT where I keep the playlists. So it seems to only remember if you actually SAVE a playlist, and DON'T shut down the program. If you shut down ONAIR and then go to open playlists, it never remembers where you saved them all. I hope this helps. Sorry. :(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

to 1:
I still can NOT reproduce your issue here...if we are talking about the same dialog?!
Is this the one you are talking about?
Playlist - Add URL Dialog
Playlist - Add URL Dialog
Add_URL.jpg (19.31 KiB) Viewed 10621 times
If yes, note, that the 'Duration' field does NOT have any AM/PM setting?
So I am really not sure what you are talking about?
As said, the 'Duration' is given in HH:MM:SS (Hours:Minutes:Seconds) - as seen above you might simply specify 00:05:00 for 5 minutes.
As such the URL is being played within the playlist for 5 minutes...
See attached Playlist picture...
Playlist with URL
Playlist with URL
Playlist Example with URL.jpg (500.83 KiB) Viewed 10621 times
to 2:
This is correct and a totally different story...when you close ProppFrexx it doesn't restore your last folders being used. This because normally many users are dealing with many playlist locations - however, this might actually be changed in a future release...The current behavior is by the way pretty in line with e.g. any standard application.
E.g. try to open Microsoft Word ... the Open-Dialog also always points to the default location with each start!

Also note, that there is a 'most recently used' menu when clicking on the lower part of the 'Open' ribbon button ... here you find your 10 least used playlist files...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

1 BUG: Adding streams to the playlist is difficult. The time is always wrong and the format is hard to use.
I can actually NOT reproduce your issue here!
So please provide some more details, e.g. the exact URL you are specifying!
Example:
When you right-click in the playlist and select "Add - Add URL Address.." a dialog comes up, which lets you specify the desired 'Duration' (in the format HH:MM:SS) of an internet stream.
So note, that the first '00' token of the duration is in hours and not minutes!
When you specify a remote file/download stream, there would be no need to specify the Duration!

So I am absolutely unsure what is not working here! Please clarify!

2 BUG: When opening the location of saved playlists, the window always opens to a default location (Incorrect location)
I can also NOT reproduce this issue here.
What Open/Save dialogs are you exactly referring too?
Example:
When I open a new and empty playlist, add some tracks...and then save this playlist using the 'Main' ribbons 'Save' button...I can specify a certain playlist folder, e.g. 'D:\Test'.
Now I close this playlist.
And now I click on the 'Open' button of the 'Main' ribbon...and here it (pre)selects the last used folder, ie. 'D:\Test' !
So I do NOT see anything wrong with this and is exactly the behavior you where asking for....?

So please also clarify on this one?!

P.S.: What version of ProppFrexx are you actually using?
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Ok, here are my screenshots: Set 1
Attachments
2013-04-23_173614.jpg
2013-04-23_173614.jpg (13.96 KiB) Viewed 10616 times
2013-04-23_173601.jpg
2013-04-23_173601.jpg (13.94 KiB) Viewed 10616 times
2013-04-23_173541.jpg
2013-04-23_173541.jpg (13.85 KiB) Viewed 10616 times
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Set 2:
Attachments
2013-04-23_173728.jpg
2013-04-23_173728.jpg (80.23 KiB) Viewed 10616 times
2013-04-23_173704.jpg
2013-04-23_173704.jpg (13.93 KiB) Viewed 10616 times
2013-04-23_173636.jpg
2013-04-23_173636.jpg (13.94 KiB) Viewed 10616 times
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

I hope you can see what I mean. I updated to the latest version last night but the problem remains.
As for BUG 2, then I guess we can add that to a requested feature, perhaps in the General Setting would be nice to be able to select our default storage location.
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Thanks for fixing BUG 2! :D

Ya, in the last 2 screenshots where the #1 is highlighted in blue, that's the number I can't change. When I try to change it to #0 it just flips back to #1. And you can see the 'AM' there as well. It also can be changed to 'PM'.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Bug 2 is already 'resolved' in v3.0.11.44!
Bug 1 indeed looks funky on your screenshot (which is indeed different then mine) - I must investigate where this comes from!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I have found the issue ;-)
It was indeed a 'TimeEditMask' localization issue - it should now be fixed in v3.0.11.45 (which sets any time format to a fixed 'HH:mm:ss' format)!