Bug when using reset all in VT Module

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
andrerotgans
Bug when using reset all in VT Module

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Strange thing happening (don't know if it happened in earlier versions, but in the most current it happens to me once in a while)
- Use VT module (standard way, nothing special. No att volume etc)
- At the end, use Reset All to cancel and start all over again

When doing that, it ends up with the NX player showing a 'Track error' message, see screen dump
NX Player VT error.jpg
NX Player VT error.jpg (55.21 KiB) Viewed 6187 times
I've tried reinstalling, using other playlists, using other audio files, but error keeps coming back...

Any idea ?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Bug when using reset all in VT Module

Post by radio42 »

Hi Andre,

that is indeed strange and sounds like a random issue - so it is not happening with the same tracks every time, but once in a while?
I just tried to reproduce that here with a pretty huge playlist and pressing the 'Reset All' button a couple of times per track...but was not able to reproduce it yet.

What driver model are you using (WDM, WASAPI, ASIO)?
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Strange isn't it ? Still can't figure out if there is a logical order which triggers it. In my idea it shouldn't be the sound card, as it is working 95% of the time, but fails the other 5%. I'm using WDM (Virtual setup on my mac using Parallels).

Try to catch it for you on screen grab (video), if that works out, I'll send you the file.

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, that sounds funny and I also guess it will not be related to the soundcard - as it is not involved when creating a decoding stream.
It more sounds like an I/O issue.
Do you know, if it might be the case, that it is happening only for particular file types, e.g. only with MP3s or only with FLAC etc.?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please also try the latest v3.0.11.47 - I have tried to tweak the I/O a little here - so maybe that already did the trick for you.