Tabula rasa

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Jhary
Tabula rasa

Post by Jhary »

Just did the Update to 3.11.47, as it was suggested.

Stupid idea, really. Well, what does not work since then? I got no idea, as
Every
Damn
Window
In
PFOA
Vanished.
Mixer, clock, media info, stream servers... gone. \o/ yay!

Well... bring back up the Mixer, I thought, and hit CTRL+M (strg+m) (You didn't know that works? Well, neither did I, I found out when I searched a way to bring it up). Visible results: 0. Still no channel window.

So now:
Do I have to reinstall PFOA again, or is there any rollback procedure in case of complete FUBAR? It's not as if I'd had other things to do, I will really enjoy setting up the whole ... stuff again.
Michiel Bouwmeester
Re: Tabula rasa

Post by Michiel Bouwmeester »

There is a back-up of the prefious version of PF in the installation folder. (Called "Previous Version"). You can restore from there. That should do the trick.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Several other users also already updated without any issues. So I am not sure, if really is a PF issue.
Did you maybe also updated some other components or did a Windows updated?
Jhary

Post by Jhary »

*sigh*
Bernd, I am MSTS, I am MCSA and MCSE. I am trained software developer, and ORACLE admin.
Please do NOT assume just because something went wrong you userbase is just stupid.
Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No one assumed or said something like that! So pls come down.
But when all your window layouts disappeared, that sounds like some of the config files in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folders might got corrupted.
The update process doesn't touch that folder. Thats why I suspect that something else must also have been going wrong. There are many possibilities incl. a hard disk defect etc.
In the end only a restore of a backup might help quickly.
Do you have a backup of your config settings abailable?
szal77

Post by szal77 »

I’ve had a similar issue in the past. And as I didn’t have a backup of my user settings, the only remedy was to completely rebuild them, i.e., clear user data folder, then start from zero.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, and if I remember that correctly it was in the end a hard disk error which could be resolved.
One more good reason to use the Backup and Restore function to save all settings as with every software...
Michiel Bouwmeester

Post by Michiel Bouwmeester »

Same for me.. remeber Bernd? Lot of strange things happening.. and in the end the HDD was failing... Love the back up :)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If it was just the window layout which got corrupted you might delete the *.layout files from the AppUserData folder.
JonyKanal80

Post by JonyKanal80 »

Hello, I got the samme "bug" when installing .47 exactly the same thing, hopfuly PFOA as keep the setings only window's were gonne. Jhary is right
http://www.radiocanal80.com
The Best 80's & 90's Music