News as "Embedded Container to Playlist" do not work!

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
alexbryntesen
News as "Embedded Container to Playlist" do not work!

Post by alexbryntesen »

The item in the script are not saved when trying to add News as Embedded Container. (v3.0.12.2)

But when you enter as "News" in the script it works, but that's when the problem occurs:

The problem is when we create a Playlist in advance. It seems that it's the old news being sent. (Those that were made ​​the date/time when the Playlist was created.)

How to create a Playlist in advance and still get the latest/updated News?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: News as "Embedded Container to Playlist" do not work!

Post by radio42 »

I need to try that to see what the reason is.
However I guess there is no real need to set the AsEmbeddedContainer option?!
alexbryntesen

Post by alexbryntesen »

The choice that works, but do not play by the latest update (for the News) in the Playlist (Seems like all of the newsfiles paths in the container is saved in the Playlistfile.pfp): When programming in script I choose mode: "News". I choose which news entry, then count, under options the box for SupressHistoryCheck, SupressAddHistory and AsEmbeddedContainer is marked.

In Advertising and News Management, I have selected sequential and max age 0 days.

The choice that does not work is when I select mode "Container" in the script. In the box that pops up I choose "News", and the right news to play. But when closing the script it seems like it will not be saved, for when I open the script again the line for the Container isn't there.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll take a look...
Yes, I found the bug! An update will be provided soon!

Regarding the 2 modes:
You are right, only the 'Container - News' mode will actually use a dynamic container, which allows to schedule the news dynamically to be resolved at playtime.
All other modes (eg. the 'News - AsEmbeddedContainer') will resolve the news at script execution time and as such generating a playlist in advance will not resolve the very latest news at playtime, but only the latest news at the time you generate the playlist.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This issue should now be fixed in v3.0.12.4!