Campaign tag on bug

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
andrerotgans
Campaign tag on bug

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

You might remember the topic we had about having a finalizer/'tag on' in a commercial campaign : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=704

Today I discovered that sometimes PFOA still plans the finalizer next to the normal spot, while there was another spot in the slot, so they could have been separated.
Overlay_player-2.png
Overlay_player-2.png (121.55 KiB) Viewed 7245 times

I've checked the campaign, which looks ok. Doesn't happen every time, but sometimes.
Campaign-2.png
Campaign-2.png (162.67 KiB) Viewed 7245 times
Thanks,

André
andrerotgans
Re: Campaign tag on bug

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for your reply. However, if I look at my sequence, it looks like this :
- Slot-Openener
- Campaign1 ('Kruidvat') - Track
- Slot-Separator
- Campaign2 ('Vliegtickets') - Track
- Campaign2 ('Vliegtickets') - Finalizer
- Slot-Closer

When looking at your definition of the full sequence of and advert slot you would expect it to be

- Slot-Openener
- Campaign1 ('Vliegtickets') - Track
- Slot-Separator
- Campaign2 ('Kruidvat') - Track
- Campaign1 ('Vliegtickets') - Finalizer
- Slot-Closer

That way the finalizer is separated from the actual campaign track.
I didn't include an Slot-FinalizerSeperator, you're right about that. But that shouldn't have af anything to do with the order, I guess ?

Kind regards,

André
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Ah, ok, that explains. In the original topic when we talked about this functionality I described as 'placing the tag on as far away from the original spot as possible'. So, when the feature was implemented, I more/less thought that that was the way it was supposed to work. So, when it sometimes didn't behave that way I mistakenly thought of it as a bug.

I'll just add a slot-finalizerseperator and accept the fact that sometimes the spot and tag on are adjacent to each other !

Thanks,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That is exactly what I am doing: placing the Finalizer as far away from the original spot as possible.
But as the related original spot (the campaign track) is the last one in the sequence of campaign tracks, there is no more far away place ;-)

As said, you might give the campaigns containing a Finalizer a higher priority in order to be played before campaigns not containing any Finalizer.
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

You can look at 'placing the finalizer as far away as possible' in two ways, that's where this misunderstanding comes from I think. I thought that when creating an advert slot which contains an campaign with a finalizer, that spot will but placed in first place. So, that PFOA would take care of positioning them in a preferred order when creating the slot order. But it's done after that. No problem, I'll use the priority in order to do this manually, good suggestion.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What is the issue? It all looks okay to me?!

The full sequence of an advert slot is like this:
- Slot-Opener
- Campain1-Opener
- Campain1-Track1
- Campain1-Track2
- Campain1-Closer
- Slot-Separator
- Campain2-Opener
- Campain2-Track1
- Campain2-Closer
- Slot-Separator
- CampainN-Closer
- Slot-FinalizerSeparator
- Campain1-Finalizer
- Slot-FinalizerSeparator
- Campain2-Finalizer
- CampainN-Finalizer
- Slot-Closer

Your above sequence looks like this:
- Slot-Openener
- Campaign1-Track
- Slot-Separator
- Campaign2-Track
- Campain1-Finalizer
- Slot-Closer

This seems to be absolutely in line with the original definition.
Note, that when no Campaign-Opener/Closer/Separator tracks are defined, they are of course not used.
But you have defined a Campaign-Finalizer track - as such it is played at the end of the sequence right before the Slot-Closer!
So I am not sure what is wrong with your sequence?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Where have you defined, that 'Vliegtickets' is Campaign1 and that 'Kruidvat' should be Campaign2 ?!

If both campaigns do have the same 'Priority' it is random at which order they are played!
There is no internal rule existing within PF saying, that a campaign having a finalizer track should be played first!
The 'Priority' property value actually defines the order in which campaigns might be used.