"jumpy" Searchresults

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Adger
"jumpy" Searchresults

Post by Adger »

(3.0.10.36)

When I am using the searchengine and it gives me more than a pagefull worth of hits, scrolling the list becomes more or less impossible.

As soon as the list is scrolled down about half a window PFOA considers NOW would be the time to do something (what it does is unknown to me) and forcefully make the result window jump back to the top. I am usually unable to ever get to another part of the search results except for page one. Sometimes the problem resolves after several MINUTES, sometimes the problem won't ever resolve unless you start another search. Trying to manually sort the list does not imrpove tings.
Adger
Re: "jumpy" Searchresults

Post by Adger »

You are not suggesting that I should rather try and find by reading some unsorted 100 results line by line what I am looking for than sorting by "whatever", because PFOA does not like that and wants to spend some hours contemplating about what it might present, are you?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Are you talking about the Find Window?
If yes, you might have possibly selected some column sorting?
If yes, the TAG reading in the background might change the already displayed trackname and rearrange the sorting.
So just disable the sorting in the find window menu.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The problem is not the sorting, but rather that the TAG data seems to not have been read yet and as a result the sorting will change when the TAG is being read when the result got displayed.
E.g. you should make sure, that the TAG data is being read prior to using the Find.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Should now be fixed with the new v3.0.11.00 - as TAGs are now always scanned and present for each media library.
Note and initial rescan might be needed once you switched to v3.0.11.00.