UAC Freezing

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
louis
UAC Freezing

Post by louis »

Hey Bernd--

For the last couple of weeks, when you try to change users in ProppFrexx, the UI freezes on the "Changing User Interface Layout..." message. My autoplay keeps on playing, but I have to force quit to get back into the program. It presents an issue, because I am by default logged in as a standard user. I need to get into my admin user to change some things, and can't.

I just updated to the current version, and I am still running into the issue.

Best,
Louis
radio42
Site Admin
Re: UAC Freezing

Post by radio42 »

Please try to delete the related "ProppFrexx OnAir.user.layout" file in the ProppFrexx AppDataUser folder (e.g. "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\3.0").

It seems, that this file got corrupted (maybe due to a system crash or unpredicted shutdown).
E.g. if you can not switch to the admin layout, delete the file "ProppFrexx OnAir.Admin.layout"...
louis

Post by louis »

Resolved. Thank you! :D
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

This seems to be a constant problem for people. I've never had it but in reading the forums perhaps the settings area could have a new section for fixing issues like this, like a button to delete these files and restart ONAIR. Just to make things easier for people, especially those not good at navigating folders in Windows. Just a suggestion. ;)
Females use radio software too!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is already a 'Reset' Layout button available (see the 'Look And Feel' section of either the general settings or the User Settings, in case of UAC).