Track Board

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
steve c
Track Board

Post by steve c »

It would be nice to be able add a complete folder of songs to the trackboard in one hit rather than one at a time. Is this possible then the standby carts can be used by just pulling songs from the trackboard?
steve c
Re: Track Board

Post by steve c »

radio42 wrote:1) Add complete folder - this is possible:
If you Drag&Drop a folder from the Windows Explorer its entire content (all audio files incl. all sub-folders) will actually be added to the Trackboard.
So I am not sure what exactly you are looking for?

1) Pushing Songs to a Standby Player:
Select an entry within the Trackboard and make a right-click. In the upcoming context menu select 'Add to Standby Player' and then select the Standby Player to load that trackboard entry to.

3) Pulling Songs from the Trackboard to a Standby Player:
Make a right-click on the name (number label) of a Standby-Player and then select 'Load from Trackboard...' from the context menu...you get all tracks displayed currently present in the Trackboard.
Select the resp. entry to load that track to this Standby-Player.
Tried that and it loads all the songs but when I scroll down it keeps jumping back to the top of the song list. It will not stay where I scroll down too and then locks up PF. It hangs for a while then returns to the top of the list again. Using XP.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

1) Add complete folder - this is possible:
If you Drag&Drop a folder from the Windows Explorer its entire content (all audio files incl. all sub-folders) will actually be added to the Trackboard.
So I am not sure what exactly you are looking for?

1) Pushing Songs to a Standby Player:
Select an entry within the Trackboard and make a right-click. In the upcoming context menu select 'Add to Standby Player' and then select the Standby Player to load that trackboard entry to.

3) Pulling Songs from the Trackboard to a Standby Player:
Make a right-click on the name (number label) of a Standby-Player and then select 'Load from Trackboard...' from the context menu...you get all tracks displayed currently present in the Trackboard.
Select the resp. entry to load that track to this Standby-Player.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You probably have sorted your Trackboard by certain columns...disable that!
To disable sorting keep and hold the CTRL key and click on the column header.

When you add new tracks to the Trackboard and then scroll down, the meta data info (TAGs) will be read in...and replace the info in the columns with each new TAG being read in.
If sorting is enabled the order of rows in the Trackboard now also changes!
And this might end up in the result you described - jumping back to the top of the Trackboard.
However, any 'hangs' or 'waits' are probably due to your PC (esp. the I/O sub-system) being maybe slow.

Also notice this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1030
steve c

Post by steve c »

radio42 wrote:You probably have sorted your Trackboard by certain columns...disable that!
To disable sorting keep and hold the CTRL key and click on the column header.

When you add new tracks to the Trackboard and then scroll down, the meta data info (TAGs) will be read in...and replace the info in the columns with each new TAG being read in.
If sorting is enabled the order of rows in the Trackboard now also changes!
And this might end up in the result you described - jumping back to the top of the Trackboard.
However, any 'hangs' or 'waits' are probably due to your PC (esp. the I/O sub-system) being maybe slow.

Also notice this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1030
Hi Bernd, Yes disabling sorting did the trick and stopped the hang/wait. Thanks.