What next overlay plays ?

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
hdradio
What next overlay plays ?

Post by hdradio »

Very often my DJs ask me if there are any overlays to play during their show and how long they are.
For example, the time is 20:20 and the question from my DJ is :
"Are there any commercials at 20:30 and how long they are ?"
Is it possible for the DJ to have this information and don't ask me all the time ?
(I have to open Advertising module to find the answer - something that takes some time)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: What next overlay plays ?

Post by radio42 »

Have they/you already tried to click on the "Upcoming Overlay" ribbon button (contained in the Main as well as in the Scheduler ribbon tab)!?
This opens a popup window showing all upcoming overlays (as the name suggests).

The duration of the overlays is currently not shown, since this would require to execute them (e.g. News or Adverts might contain dynamic/random elements) which is not really possible resp. might give different results each time.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Yes but that ribbon shows ALL the overlays regardless if they contain or not any track.

As I understand there is not any way to show what an overlay will play :(
You could show what is scheduled up to ribbon clicking time.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure what you mean?!
I am showing the scheduled overlays - as said, currently I am not executing the overlays (as that takes extra time and can not be guaranteed, if there are random or dynamic content) - thus not showing the duration!
But I understand what you mean...I add that to wish list, but I am not sure if that is fully possible, as the time to execute all the overlays which are due within the next hour(s) might simply take quite long.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In v3.0.14.26 the 'Upcoming Overlays' now do calculate the duration of those overlays...