Automation Import program or playlist from Powergold

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
djbony
Automation Import program or playlist from Powergold

Post by djbony »

Hi Bern, Could you add one function to PF... Automation Import playlist from Powergold. When import playlist file is created. Then PF automaticaly created new schedule calendar and import playlist. But If calendar and .pfp allready exists and import playlist file from Powergold was allready created, PF make only new .pfp file... Sorry for english, but I know, that is understandable ;) Thank, Petr
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Automation Import program or playlist from Powergold

Post by radio42 »

That is what is already happening. So I guess there is nothing to add.
Eg if you import a pig file a second time just the playlist is updated resp. newly created.
djbony

Post by djbony »

radio42 wrote:That is what is already happening. So I guess there is nothing to add.
Eg if you import a pig file a second time just the playlist is updated resp. newly created.
I know that. I mean, PF will be monitoring some directory, eg. D:\Playlists... To this dir Powergold export .asc file. When PF see new file from powergold, automatically import it. Without user intervention...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ah, I see. No, this is currently not possible. I will think about it... not sure, if this is entirely possible.

In the meantime you might automate these things via remote control-commands.
Note, that there is even a tool available (in the installation folder) called "pfremcmd.exe". This is a command-line tool, which allows you to send control-commands to ProppFrexx.
E.g. you might use the tool from within your external scheduler to trigger the import whenever it has finished its export.
Assuming the external scheduler supports calling such a command-line tool ...

As an alternative you might schedule the execution of the import at fixed times via the ProppFrexx scheduler (e.g. use a recurring reminder to fire the related control-command to start the import)!