Make triggered fade-out fully configurable

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
szal77
Make triggered fade-out fully configurable

Post by szal77 »

Hi Bernd,

I’ve been having my niggles with the triggered fade-out (e.g. when using ‘Play Next Fade Current’ (F9)). If I am not mistaken, the actual fade time is already configurable. There are, however, two things I would like to see configuration options for:

(1) Currently the default behaviour for triggered fade-out is: play 1 second at full volume, then fade out for 3 seconds. I find it desireable to be able to define the time before starting fade-out, and even set it to zero (start fading immediately).

(2) Currently the default behaviour for triggered fade-out is: set ‘Next’ point to where the fade-out starts. I find it desireable to freely define the ‘Next’ point for triggered fade-out, e.g. set it to 1 second before the track is fully faded out.

Do you think you can do that? If so, thank you very much in advance.

Greetings

Sven
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Make triggered fade-out fully configurable

Post by radio42 »

You can already configure all this today:
Open the general settings (F3) and go to the 'Mixing/Fading' section.
Now click on the 'Mixing per Media Type' button and select the media type for which you would like to change the settings (e.g. 'Music').

Here you can define the following 'Manual Fading (Manual Mixing Points)':
a) Fade-Out Length (defines the time of the effective fade-out)
b) Mix Delay-Time (defines the time to wait after fading started to start the next track)

Note, that when 'triggering' the next track (as you call it), these manual fading settings will be used.
Also note, that fading starts immediately when 'triggering' it (e.g. when pressing the 'Play Next Use Fading' button or pressing F9)!
So your assumption under (2) is not correct.

Examples:
a) Fade-Out Length = 3000ms; Mix Delay-Time = 2000ms
This means, that fading will be 3sec. long and after 2sec. the next track will start (or in other words 1sec. before the fading ends).

b) Fade-Out Length = 3000ms; Mix Delay-Time = 500ms
This means, that fading will be 3sec. long and after 0.5sec. the next trrack will start (or in other words 2.5sec. before the fading ends).
szal77
Re: Make triggered fade-out fully configurable

Post by szal77 »

radio42 wrote:You can already configure all this today: […]

Also note, that fading starts immediately when 'triggering' it (e.g. when pressing the 'Play Next Use Fading' button or pressing F9)!
So your assumption under (2) is not correct.
Thank you for the explanation. Now that I changed the mixing delay time, it is much better visible that the fading starts immediately.

Problem solved, wonderful. :)