New mix settings

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
djbony
Re: New mix settings

Post by djbony »

Thank you very much!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes I know what you mean.
And it might be, that other software uses different concepts and other names.
But this is ProppFrexx and I just say, that I am pretty sure, that you can achieve the exact same thing with the cue points ProppFrexx is using!
So I am not going to change the current concept just because another software uses it :-)

As said above, try the limit settings as well as the 'Next has Priority' option.
The only difference to your concept is, the you need to set the NEXT cue point in ProppFrexx a bit early according to your fade in time. You can than also fade in as you like.

So if it is just that you want a different concept of cue points I am sorry to say, that this is not possible.
But if a real feature is missing, just let me know.
However, from what I understand there is no feature missing.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Welcome.
But note that your statement: 'Fade In at the beginning of the track is not a rule' - is not really true :-)
As already explained your rule is the same as shifting the Next cue point a bit ahead. Your rule wouldn't do anything different when you look to your picture ;-)
djbony

Post by djbony »

Yes, but if the Fade In each other long, it does not follow the rule to do. Therefore we are missing an extra point :)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Added to the latest v4.0.1.27 - update.
A new "Mix-In" option was added to the 'Mixing per Media Type...' options...

Which defines the behavior where and how a track should be started with the NEXT cue-point of the previous track.

Cue-In (default): The cue-in position defines the start of the track and this is also the position to use with the Next cue-point of the previous track.

Cue-In, but start from beginning: The current cue-in position is used as the MixIn point but the track is started from its very beginning (the cue-in is effectively removed). This track is started early, so that the Next cue-point of the previous track is aligned to it.

Full-Level: The full-level position is used as the MixIn point. This track is started early, so that the Next cue-point of the previous track is aligned to it. The fade-in still takes place.

Full-Level, but don't fade in: Like Full-Level, but no fade-in takes place (the full-level is effectively removed).

Ramp 1: The ramp 1 position is used as the MixIn point. This track is started early, so that the Next cue-point of the previous track is aligned to it.

Ramp 2: The ramp 2 position is used as the MixIn point. This track is started early, so that the Next cue-point of the previous track is aligned to it.

Note, that the MixIn option is carried out before any Segue Limits!
djbony

Post by djbony »

Thank you! I'm goint to test it! I think you solved it as best you could! Nice work.
djbony

Post by djbony »

Hi Bern,
some bugs is here :) I used Full-Level as MixIn. Final mix does not fit. For Example: ATB - Let U Go. Full-Level and Ramp is set to "singing" - 1s after begin of the track. Next point is set to final voice of track. When I put this song several times, next track play early before has.
Next - If I open seque editor, mix points is return to default...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, as explained in the text/tooltip - the adjustment of the cue-point ONLY happens in the DJ Players while playing the tracks. That is almost the same behavior as for the 'Limit' options!

The Segue-Editor will currently reflect what the cue-points are defined for - as here you might want to perform manual adjustments.
The new MixIn option (like the Limit options) is an automatic adjustment made ONLY in the DJ Players and is currently not shown in the Segue-Editor. I'll check, if that is possible in a next release...

And as explained before - the logic is pretty straight forward: if applied, the NEXT cue-point of the previous track is (ONLY in the DJ Players) shifted to an earlier position, so that it's old position now matches the new cue-point according to the MixIn setting.
Thus, if you theoretically play multiple 'copies' of the same track multiple times after each other, the first time, the NEXT cue-point is 'shifted' - and the next track's occurrence will use that already 'shifted' NEXT cue-point to align its MixIn etc.
I assume, that this is a pure hypothetical issue, as in a real life environment you will never play the exact same track multiple times after each other ;-) As such, I do not see it as a bug.

P.S.: My name is Bernd and not Bern.
djbony

Post by djbony »

Thanks for the explanation. I apologize for the name ;)
djbony

Post by djbony »

Maybe I know why mix any sooner. Many songs have silence at the beginning. Therefore trimmed using CueIn. In calculating the MixIn about forgetting to subtract CueIn.