Try Ensure Exact Length and Playlists

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
inl_inc
Try Ensure Exact Length and Playlists

Post by inl_inc »

I haven't posted a request in quite a long time - which quite frankly is a testament to how professional ProppFrexx has become. However, I just encountered a problem that I hope you may have a solution for. As a matter of fact I think that ProppFrexx may already have this - but I just need you to confirm it.

Our programming consists of randomly generated 1 hour programs and 1 hour pre-programmed playlist DJ shows. We do use the Try Exact Length option in the scheduler for the randomly generated programs - and this works consistently without fail. We use a threshold of 90sec under and 300 over. 99% of the time each program begins at the top of the hour, and an acceptable number of under/overruns which are within the threshold levels.

Now here comes the problem that I hope you will have a solution for. A 1 hour random program, prior to the DJ show, ran for 58:33 ( basically within the 90 second threshold). It was followed by a 1 hour pre-programmed DJ show - and in this particular case the playlist was only 59:20 long. After the last playlist song played - the playlist started to repeat itself until the 90 sec threshold was met (ID and the first song repeated).

If I was to add a random song entry directly after the load playlist entry in the script - would this have prevented the playlist from repeating itself? And will this last random entry be always skipped when the length threshold of the program is met?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Try Ensure Exact Length and Playlists

Post by radio42 »

Yes.
The typical way to 'script' a pre-programmed show (playlist) is the follwing:
1. In your first script-line schedule the related pre-programmed show, e.g. via the 'LoadPlaylist' or 'LoadTrack' mode
2. Then add a few more script-line, just as you need them. These are just there in case the pre-programmed show is 'short'
3. Make sure to set the script-option 'Loop Line' to the value 2 (this to prevent the first script-line to ever repeat)

That's it.