explorer windows column chooser

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
moogwill
explorer windows column chooser

Post by moogwill »

Hi,

there's some optional columns that would be very useful in the explorer windows.

here's the example:

My music library is made from different folders that are different categories. hits, news, hot, golds...
When i use the explorer to check those files I can right click to move a track from a folder to another. To make selection easier, I'd be very pleased to have the play count from this track, but it's not possible to get it from the explorer window. I must open the folder playlist to be able to see those datas.
Other trouble is that, I cannot move from a folder to another from the playlist window, but only from the explorer window.
Means the data I need is available from the playlist window, but the action that result is only available from the explorer window.

I hope I was clear enough.

thanks,
Tom.

Edit: By the same Way, the "file added date" would be very useful too ;)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: explorer windows column chooser

Post by radio42 »

In a playlist window, use the menu 'Selection - Move to Folder'.
A 'Date Added' field is not available, as eg. it's not available with certain media libs, e.g. a folder based media lib doesn't have this. Instead use the files creation date?!
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

We must have missunderstood each other, here's the two screencaps of the situation, Where's the "move to" in the right clic selection? it's in the explorer, but not in the main window. or Am I Missing something?

Thanks,
T.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2016-10-16 à 12.45.40.png
Capture d’écran 2016-10-16 à 12.45.40.png (391.6 KiB) Viewed 7241 times
Capture d’écran 2016-10-16 à 12.46.24.png
Capture d’écran 2016-10-16 à 12.46.24.png (199.85 KiB) Viewed 7241 times
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

radio42 wrote: A move to in the playlist wouldn't be possible, as you cannot move from all playlists, but just copy.
I.e. you need to physically delete the playlists entries via Shift+CTRL+Del afterwards.
That's exactly the point, by doing this way, I could forget to delete one or more tracks (especially if there's many of those to move).
And I wouldn't have to do that if i was able to get some more datas column in the explorer window.

To move tracks in categories, I think the play count is really relevant, and not so important but helpful would be the "added date" or "first-play date".

If my way to use the software to get this result is not the best one, and there's an easier way to get there, I assume I'm the only one to have this request, but If not, I'm sure other users would find this helpful.

Thanks,
Thomas.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The reason, that these statistical columns are not in the regular explorer ar because the explorer data doesn't belong to any media lib.

I'll take a look what might be possible but I will
Not promise anything.
I guess a copy and delete from within the playlist is not really any issue as the selection is not changed in between, so I guess the risk to forget to delete is not really there.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Have you looked to the playlist window in the 'Selection' sub-menu, as explained before?
There is a 'Copy to Folder...' menu!
A move to in the playlist wouldn't be possible, as you cannot move from all playlists, but just copy.
I.e. you need to physically delete the playlists entries via Shift+CTRL+Del afterwards.