now playing to social media

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Soulmaster
now playing to social media

Post by Soulmaster »

I'm now using autopo.st but so not happy with it. Is there a change that proppfrexx will get his own now playing script to the social media?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: now playing to social media

Post by radio42 »

There are many different social media services out there. Instead of offering a dedicated interface to all of them, I decided to offer a few generic interfaces, e.g. HTTP REST.
An example of a HTTP REST interface usage (for TuneIn) is given here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1031

I assume you can implement the same to your social media service.
In case the social media service does not offer an open and standardized interface, I am afraid you need to implement your own interface. Note, that by using the EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND control-command to invoke your own implementation.

Additional Note: various social media interfaces uses "OAuth" as an authentication process. This requires entering the user for a pin code or redirecting the user to a secure web site to enter his credentials actively. You might understand, that this process cannot be part of ProppFrexx (assume each time you start ProppFrexx or even every couple of hours you are redirected to a web-page or dialog to enter some data before you can continue your work with ProppFrexx - this would break the whole radio flow).
As such, I am afraid you might need to implement those APIs yourself or find someone helping you to implement.
However, ProppFrexx has the needed interfaces in order to do so... but there are no immediate plans to integrate this out of the box, because of the explaination above.
Soulmaster

Post by Soulmaster »

oke. but... this is for me something like acacadabra i'm a dj without any programming skills . so i'm stuck to that horrible autopo.st :(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You might ask an IT expert or programmer to help you out...and develop something for you...

But just for interest; what social media service do you have in mind? Do you want to post every x minutes (for each track) a new entry to Facebook or Twitter? This sounds a bit weird to me...but...
Soulmaster

Post by Soulmaster »

no lets say evere 20 min. to twitter and the facebookpage
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

ok - but as said, I have no immediate plans, so I guess you need to ask an IT personal around for help - but the interfaces are all there, so it should be straight forward to implement for any developer.