New type of recurrence

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
jsonio
New type of recurrence

Post by jsonio »

Hello,

I would like to do something very simple :

Each first friday of the week, I record a live radioshow with PF and I would like to broacast it again the saturday that directly follows the first friday of the month.

I thought that, in the scheduler, setting the record with the reccurence "1st friday of the month" and the broacast with "1st saturday of the month" would do the job...

But I did not realize that sometimes the first saturday following is the first friday of the month is indeed the first saturday of the month BUT sometimes (in fact, when the month starts a saturday), the first saturday following the first friday is already the second saturday of the month.

Would it be possible to add a complex recurrence type that would be "The <1st> <day of week> following the <1st> <day> of <week|month>" or do you have another idea that would help me to automate the re-broadcasting of my live show?

Thank you very much in advance,

Justin
radio42
Site Admin
Re: New type of recurrence

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the recurrence pattern, as this is build into the UI library which I am using and as such out of my control.
However, as your shows are anyhow only monthly, that's only 12 times a year - ie. you might plan them manually as non recurring entries?!
I assume, that this only takes a few minutes to create them in advance.
jsonio
Re: New type of recurrence

Post by jsonio »

Thank you very much for your help, I understand it is a really special feature.

I do it manually of course but in fact there's a lot of live show in my radio that are broadcasted this way and I said the first saturday following the first friday but it's also the first thuesday and the first thursday so it's a lot of manual things to do !

Thank you :)