Negative que point

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
JWvanGulik
Negative que point

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, is it possible to have a negative que-in point on a track? This could help to start a next song which has a kind of fade-in (e.g. Level 42 - Hot water) to start earlier than on 00:00:00 .000. This new wish list topic is also a bit related to my "Smooth transition" topic. Any new on that one?

Thanks in advance.

BRJW
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Negative que point

Post by radio42 »

No, this is currently not possible. Not sure it will be, but I'll look into it.

Yes, your additional tempo meta data is still on my todo list. It is just a lot of work, as adding new meta data requires a lot of changes.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, thanks for your answer. If you need any additional explanations please let me know.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess it is clear. You want, that a negative cue-in point automatically adjusts the next cue-point of any track being played in advance of it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I have added a new option to the Mixing per Media Type option in the latest v4.0.5.14-Beta release.

You can now define per Media Type a negative Min.Segue Limit. If a negative Min-Segue value is defined, any previous track's next cue-point will be adjusted backwards by this value.
I know, this is not a per Track setting, but it might come in handy in order to not tag all related tracks, but just assign this media entry type.
And this one was quite simple to implement.

Many Greets,
Bernd
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, thanks for your effort. I'm not sure yet what your solution means, but it looks to me that this is not the solution needed per track. Some tracks (not all) need a start before 00:00:00 to make sure the transition is accurate. This would mean that a negative value PER TRACK is needed. Your solution results in a new media type (folder?) with all the tracks which need an early start (before zero), but then will get this early start all with the same length. Am I right?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, the media entry type is actually something which you can assign individually to each track. This is independent from any folder based media library. But yes, the current solution means, that all these tracks (having that certain media entry type set) will use the same negative cue-in value.
If you need different negative value, you might use different entry types, e.g. User1, User2 and User3.

As said, this is not a per track option, which might come later in a future release.