Current Items on the WishList

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
radio42
Site Admin
Current Items on the WishList

Post by radio42 »

Here is a brief list of topics on my ToDo-List:
  • Standby-Player Presets: allowing you to quickly load different set of tracks (similar to the Cardwall shortcuts)
  • Station Visual: Clone WaveForm (incl. position) from current DJ Player
  • ProppFrexx Remote Client: a small stand-alone application which shows the current playlist and timecodes remotely from any ProppFrexx ONAIR instance
  • Streaming-Server monitoring: to allow 'interrupt free' switches between 2 distant DJs using the same SHOUTcast server (incl. a common chat and syned 'handovers')
  • Optimized and Enhanced Multi-User/Studio support: incl. common access management, a central storage repository (which all clients can use), remote scripting etc.
  • Additional external scheduler interfaces: e.g. for PowerGold, Natural and MusicMaster
  • Enhanced Playlist Template Wizard for remote VoiceTracking: incl. direct FileTransfer from/to a server ProppFrexx ONAIR instance
  • Advert Enhancements: incl. better regionalization, support for fixed length advert slots (with auto fill feature) etc.
  • Segue-Editor: support for more than 2 main tracks (not sure yet)
Please note, that I can not give you any concrete target release dates for the items above (so please don't ask).
But as you know, some might be easy to add and other need some serious design and testing.
Farbo
Re: Current Items on the WishList

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, give it a time, no problem. Everything needs its time.
Peter
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

I'm interested on "remote Voice Tracking". It's an often problematic for "webradio" because DJ are often scattered over the country.

I won't ask you date of release for this functionality, but could you tell us how you imagine this functionnality ?
I know very well the "iVT" function, provided by RCS editor into Master Control System and Zetta System. And I think it's very handy because recording and transferring audio voice-tracks is very very easy. And they are very well included into playlist (voice-track items upon the next track ramp, juste like during recording session...).

Could you tell us more about it ? Would you like to have some requests from us to help you to imagine and design this functionnality ?

Regards and again, sorry for my broken english.
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Here is how iVT works... Maybe some features can be interested to be adapted.

iVT is, by the way, a web server + a web page.

Remote DJ writes the url into the web-browser (as far as I know, iVT is only Internet Explorer compliant). Loading the page will give you a kind of form where DJ choose the date and the hour where he wants to record voice-tracks. Clicking "Load", the playlist displays into the page, with an activex module at the end of the page.

DJ choose where he wants to speak and click on a "add" button. He gives title to his new audio item and, backwards, tail of the audio item (nearly 10s) before the new one + head of the audio item (until the end of the ramp) after the new one are downloaded. Quality could be customised for low internet connection.
The activex module creates a place where segue-editor displays (with the 3 items), near to the 3-state "record" button.

DJ clicks on the "record" button, like usual and records his voice-tracks, hearing the previous and the next songs, juste like into the playback system. The segue-editor allows him, after, to adjust the audio item.

When all is ok, DJ clicks on the "save" button : the voice-track record is uploaded directly to the webserver, with the cue-point for the previous and next item within the playlist.

Advantages :
- The modifications are visible instantly in the Selector Log, without needing to reload playlist. I'm not sure it would be possible with the current management of ProppFrexx Playlist (which is not "living"-log...)
- DJ doesn't need to take a ProppFrexx instance (and license) into their computer.

Perhaps, you could imagine something around that idea, improving it by your experience and your vision. I think this kind of structure (webserver, webpage), regardless of the security problem and rigts access, is much stronger to implement....

Sorry, it's frenglish... I hope you understand the overall idea... I don't ask you to develop the same. But, perhaps, it could help you to design something better :-)
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That is more or less what I had in mind - except the web-based approach.
All the VT stuff itself is already inplace - so that's basically the automatic up-/download stuff what is missing.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

"Remote VT" is also more and more an issue for FM stations (having e.g. remote or multiple studios or using office based moderators).
The current VT fuctionality (especially the current 'Playlist Template Wizard') has some limits - even if most of them might be overcome today with VPN technologies or the MediaLibrary Server.
But basically it is all about transfering the playlist and audio tracks from the (logical) server to the remote client and then (after VT was completed) transferring the modified playlist plus the recorded voice tracks back to the server.
So the planned features are basically all about this:
- optional server-sided generation of playlists
- transfer of playlist and related audio tracks to a client machine
- VT as of today
- transfer of the modified playlist and recorded voice tracks back to the server machine

But you are welcome to make suggestions and requests for this (as it is still a planned feature).
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Ok ! I'm really waiting for this function. I think it's the only thing I miss to integrate ProppFrexx into my radioweb project :-)

Great Job !
Theo, from France.