Built In Request System (Proposition)

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
chrishawk
Built In Request System (Proposition)

Post by chrishawk »

So I have been using ProppFrexx for about 2 or 3 years now, my old mind slips me these days haha. I absolutely love the program as my 'testimonial' on the site says ;) but one thing that would be really cool to see is some sort of an integrated request system such as what I have seen on some 'other' broadcast programs. I know this was gone over a bit in the 'questions and answers' area of the forums but wanted to dive into it a little deeper.

The way it is set up is as a separate 'website script' that is directed by an HTML output in the software. It generates a web based list of your song database and a way for listeners to view and 'request' songs through the web page. A command is then sent to the playout system and the Live/Auto DJ can put the song right in to the current playlist. The system even includes a way for a listener to put in a text 'dedication message' that a Live DJ would see. I am sure not how well I described this but hopefully not like a 3 year old haha. I'm not sure if this is capable or sensible with ProppFrexx but it really would be a cool feature for those of us that use ProppFrexx as a live playout system.

Thanks,

Chris Tishler
(Chris Hawk | American Thunder Indie Music Show)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Built In Request System (Proposition)

Post by radio42 »

A few things might already be done outside of ProppFrexx for Live Radios.
E.g. you might use the Media Lib Export functionality to write the needed tracks to a csv file for later importing to a database or you might directly export to a DB.
This DB might then be used for your web site request system.
Of course such a request web site needs to be coded by yourself, which might even work without any DB.
E.g. a simple text based chat system would also do its job.

ProppFrexx might then display those requests or chat within its integrated web browser.
The live DJ might manually search for the requested songs and play them.

Of course such thing is manual but will work for live radios quite well.

Anyhow I understand your request and put it on the WishList.
chrishawk

Post by chrishawk »

Thanks Bernd! I am working on the 'export and import' right now, will work on trying to get some sort of web side interface set up for the station so that the listeners at least have a view of the Indie artists who are on regular rotation.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

OKi, make sure, that the "GUID" item is also present in your export - as this would the 'primary key' to retrieve the related track back within ProppFrexx.