Metadata searching

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Farbo
Metadata searching

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, are you planning to incorporate some additional metada functions or connections to other servers in case not only picture search should be performed but only year, album, etc. metadata for perspective track?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Metadata searching

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain a bit more what you exactly mean?

Do you mean the meta data retrival when ripping CDs?
If yes, no I am not planning to add additional services (than the existing once: FreeDB, MusicBrainz and Amazon).

Or do you mean a more general meata data lookup - like 'Amazon' lookup within the TAG Editor?
If yes, note, that the existing 'Amazon' lookup also allows you to take over the 'Album', 'Artist', 'Track' and other settings.
However, no, I am also not planning to extend this.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I rather mean to extend retrieving data not only by ripping CDs but also when adjusting metadata (one way is using "search for album art" feature) for track individualy. Of course all services used for retrieving metadata by ripping could be used in that case and maybe you could extend metadata searching for this one which is quite good from my experience:

http://www.discogs.com/

Therefore I put it on wishlist.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The services for ripping CDs can not be used, as they rely on a unique CD-ID to be generated and submitted - which can of course for individual tracks (where a CD is missing) not be calculated.
So currently it is not planned to extend the existing service.
However, the existing Amazon-Lookup can not only be used for CoverArt retrieval, but also be used to retrieve the Album and other meta data as explained above - just check the related comboboxes at the bottom of the Amazon-Lookup dialog.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I know Bernd. But for example Amazon does not have correct format for album year if it is before year 2000. But no problem, I will use another external software for such detailed tagging.
Peter